I did more research hopefully you guys enjoy this
NFL Free Agents 1st(Reasonings behind each attempt to sign/signing)
- Peyton Manning QB: I know I know, we have Dalton as the future, but the ONLY reason I'm bringing Manning in is for a back-up spot only, I know its a long shot, I know a lot of people who disagree with me, I know I'm the Minority, Peyton can teach Andy a lot about what Defenses try to do and help him break down on certain plays, but If Manning Decides to Retire instead of wanting to come back, I wouldnt mind him as a QB Coach to help out Dalton
- Ben Grubbs OG: Top Quality OG in Free Agency, he has been incredible when he was with the Ravens, Pulling, making holes for Ray Rice to run through, and he is great in Pass Protection as well, If we can sign Grubbs to a deal, we may just upgraded our Interior Line and weakened the Ravens running game as well too, its a WIN-WIN situation, but I highly doubt it
- Carl Nicks OG: Another Top Quality OG in Free Agency, a Pro Bowler and he has help kept Drew Brees look for his WR's with all the time his O-Line has given him, Nicks has been a big part of that,by begin able to hold off defenders from Creating an interior Pass rush so Brees get a clean pocket to step up into his throws, this signing looks doubtful the way how we usually spend our money in FA, but maybe this year might be a different year
- Michael Bush RB: I know there are bigger names outside of Bush, such has Matt Forte, Ray Rice,LaDainian Tomlinson and etc., but the point is that if we can get a Cow bell RB who can run it up the middle at least 20 times a game, and is able to split with the other RB's he'll be more fresh as the season wears on and he'll be more healthy as well. I will thinking signing him will be a 50/50 at this point, it really depends if Oakland decides to Tag him with the Franchise Tag.
- Reggie Wayne WR: Wayne is a great WR, but the problem is that he's in his 30's and his production has gone down(maybe because the injury to Peyton Manning) but I like his Veteran leader and presence on and off the field, he can both help take off pressure from AJ Green and help AJ learn a lot more about opposing DB's and how to polish AJ's route running. I would sign him to a 2-3 year deal but at the right amount I dont want to over pay a WR like Coles and Bryant.
- Marques Colston WR: After watching his game against the 49ers and Lions in the playoffs, I highly doubt it that we can get the guy away from New Orleans, but if he does become a FA, I think he will demand #1 WR money, but it all depends what happen with Drew Brees 1st so its 50/50 at this very moment
- Robert Meachem WR: Was consider a bust, but has looked very good as of late, he has been a great down field threat for Drew Brees because of his speed to get down the field, but he would fit into the mold as a #2 WR, He is more likely to become a Free Agent, since New Orleans have more Big Name Free Agents like Drew Brees, Carl Nicks, and Marques Colston.
- DeSean Jackson WR: Dangerous Player, Not literally but intentionally as well, DeSean Jackson has the big play abilities to break a game wide open and beat DB's down the field with his speed, but Jackson has also taken a toll on getting hit while he is crossing over the middle, also another downside is his attitude, I know the Eagles did him wrong when they went out to sign big names in Free Agency last year and they just left him out cold, certainly if the guy can just stay cool and mind his own business when he becomes a Bengals, it would be a great signing for us. I think we should target a guy with his caliber.
- Stevie Johnson WR: Johnson has been tearing it up this year, he came out of no where and now he comes in and start for the Bills and he is lighting it up, I highly doubt that he will hit the Free Agent Market, but if he does, and the Bengals cant make a play for Colston,Meachem, or Jackson we can go and try to get Johnson, he will be a good #2 WR opposite of AJ Green. But at this very moment I think he will either get Franchise Tagged or he will sign a Max deal with the Bills to become a #1 WR.
- Martellus Bennett TE: A guy who has been underutilized by the Cowboys, he has been great,but he hasnt been able to get on the field because the Cowboys have too much Offense Star/Firepower. Bennett got lost in the Offense because there's simply too much in Dallas maybe a change of scenery should help, Hopefully the Bengals target him and get him to pair up with Jermaine Gresham.
- Tracy Porter DB: A cover DB who can also excel in man to man defense due to his Former DC Gregg Willams blitzing a lot. He has shown he can play both in man and zone when asked too, the only downside is probably his history of trying to stay healthy and finishing the season, I think this was the only year he had play in all16 games. But he has the speed, so if the Bengals need to address their DB needs, they should target Porter.
- Terrell Thomas DB: He is certainly one of the best cover DB, he has been great before he got hurt in the preseason, but his only downside is that he is coming off an ACL injury so if the Bengals decide to get cheap and get a DB they can go after Thomas.
- LaRon Landry SS: A Safety who can lay the wood on opposing WR's who crosses over the middle, he is also decent in coverage and can play against TE's. The only issues he have is being injure too often its been 2 straight years that he has landed on IR, besides that he guy is a beast and has the game changing ability on Defense.
- Michael Griffin SS: Griffin has some inconsistency issue, but he has been great as of late, he can return kickoffs and punts as well too, hes been a great playmaker for the Titans but I think he'll find a new home somewhere else, but Im thinking he might Demand top money and the Bengals would want to pay someone have some issues on being injure and inconsistency.
- Tyvon Branch SS: He has been a playermaker for the Raiders after Nnamdi Asomugha left for the Eagles, he has been in the box, in man coverage and also has been pretty good in coverage vs TE's, I highly doubt that he will hit the market, but if he does then we can make a play for him
Steve Smith (PHI)
Bengals Free Agents(Signing onlys)
- Reggie Nelson FS
- Anthony Collins OT
- Mike Nugent K
- Bobbie Williams OG
- Pat Sims DT
- Jonathan Fanene DT
- Frostee Rucker DE
- Brandon Johnson LB
Mocking the Draft for the Bengals
Round 1: David DeCastro OG Stanford
Trade 1st+4th to Colts for 2nd+3rd+2013 2nd round
Round 2: Janoris Jenkins DB North Alabama
Round 2: Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
Round 3:(From Colts) Trumaine Johnson DB Montana
Trade 3rd round+5th(NE) round+2013 future 4th+7th round to Redkins for 3rd round+ 2 4th round picks
Round 3: Isaiah Pead RB Cincinnati
Round 4: (From Washington)Michael James-Johnson LB Nevada
Round 4: (From Oak-Washington)DeQuan Menzie DB Alabama
Trade 4th round pick to Buccaneers for 2013 3rd+4th round picks
Round 5: Philip Blake C Baylor
Round 6: Asa "Ace" Jackson DB Cal Poly
Round 7: Christian Thompson FS South Carolina State
RB: Michael Bush, Isaiah Pead, Brian Leonard Cedric Peerman
FB: Chris Pressley
LT: Andrew Whitworth,
C: Kyle Cook, Philip Blake
RG: David DeCastro, Bobbie Williams
RT: Andre Smith, Anthony Collins
SLB: Keith Rivers, Rodderick Muckelroy
FS:Reggie Nelson, DeQuan Menzie
Cutting: Chris Crocker
LS: Clark Harris
P: Kevin Huber
K: Mike Nugent
DJ Holt LB California
Tashuan Gipson DB Wyoming
Jeff Cullen OT Utah
Darron Thomas QB Oregon
Greg Childs WR Arkansas
Tell me what you guys think, I would love feed backs on here thanks