I would like it if this isn't our last game weekend of the season. But if we play even half as bad as we did last week, it will be. I understand that our defense has been shot to hell and back by injury, but opponents aren't going to cut us any slack because of it. The survivors will simply have to step up.
We now face two good RBs and a truly elite WR who is probably at least mostly healthy for the first time in months. That's not going to be a good combo, even if we are facing a rookie QB who we might be able to sack a few times. Not unless we force a turnover or two, and definitely we have to score at least two TDs and/or 20 points. Even that might not be enough. But at least that would give us a chance.
As with 2009, we'll continue this game until we are eliminated from the playoffs. Hopefully Marvin can finally get off the schneid and we can play this game next weekend as well.
Please remember to un-rec the previous week's post if you rec'd it previously...
Scoring recap post from last week is repeated below the jump as well as the summary version of the rules. (Review the original full write-up of the rules here if you like.) Pick your player in the comments and have fun!
Wow. Could this week possibly have been any crazier? We back into the playoffs playing like crap, and now we go to face another team who backed into the playoffs playing like crap, who barely beat us about four weeks ago but was missing their best player at the time. Crazy stuff.
Well we sucked this week. On the plus side, that makes my scoring job easier. On the downside, that isn’t going to cut it in the playoffs. Whether we get our butts whooped by Houston or New England, we WILL get our butts stomped if we can’t score more TDs and get at least SOME turnovers. Scoring a single TD while not even forcing one single fumble or INT is not a recipe for success in the playoffs.
Two people picked Bernard Scott. With 34 legitimate entries that means featherman and JerseyBengal each score 32 points, and everybody else gets to hold their previous rankings for another week.
Added to previous standings, this gives us a week 17 leaderboard of:
1. Paul Cannon – 319 pts
2. The Dealio – 300 pts
3. Mr. X – 295 pts
4. BonnieBengal – 281 pts
5. Boomer Lion – 275 pts
6. BoomerEsiason’sLoveChild – 274 pts
7. James Schmid the great – 264 pts
8. JerseyBengal – 248 pts
9. diehard bengals fan 20 – 242 pts
10. Cry – 228 pts
11. MCSubtext – 213 pts
12t. duffmane – 202 pts
12t. Jordan G – 202 pts
13. Rockhound-11 – 201 pts
14. rudebengal18 – 197 pts
15. bill schwab – 196 pts
16. jim0ijk – 193 pts
17. ephram – 192 pts
18. TruWhoDey – 190 pts
19. 70sav – 187 pts
20. WHYUS!! – 180 pts
21. KyleStyle11 – 175 pts
22. Aether – 173 pts
23. Cedric Benson Boat Party – 170 pts
24. ItsAlwaysSunnyInDayton – 169 pts
25t. Grizzlyfox – 163 pts
25t. featherman – 163 pts
26. Throw the ball – 159 pts
27. Pardon_My_French – 155 pts
28. Luke – 144 pts
29. cincyplayoffwin2012 – 134 pts
20. LookingDeep – 133 pts
31. FriarBob – 123 pts
32. Alexneyer – 111 pts
33t. biggie22 – 106 pts
33t. CBJKing – 106 pts
34. Richard L – 92 pts
35. these3words – 90 pts
36. jimbasa – 88 pts
37. DiabeticBengal – 83 pts
38. Striped_To_Impress – 81 pts
39. Rocket_Man_G – 78 pts
40. bengalsfanforlife – 72 pts
41t. i am will – 70 pts
41t. JADefense – 70 pts
41t. K312 – 70 pts
41t. Joe Goodberry – 70 pts
41t. BradDwayne – 70 pts
41t. CincyMike56 – 70 pts
41t. emeybee – 70 pts
42. sexsalad – 55 pts
43. the Flying Pig – 52 pts
44. occams_tiger_teeth – 45 pts
45. casapennec – 44 pts
46. Purple City Middie – 33 pts
47. ThreeofSpades – 28 pts
48. boynamedsue – 22 pts
And, by repeated request, the alphabetical roll-call of people who have tried but failed to score any points for the entire season. In order to get on and stay on this list, you must have at least submitted a legitimate pick every week (though I’m not going back to recalculate things so I’m starting only with those who were qualified as of week 12) and continue to fail to score points any points for the entire season.
Here is a quick recap of the rules.
- Pick one player (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please, and please try to avoid nicknames or blatant misspellings.) who is NOT officially listed as a QB, P, or PK on the roster.
- An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
- A defensive player is worth 2/1/0.5 point(s) per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 2) actually scored, 1) gained possession of the ball for the team but didn't actually score, or 0.5) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble (or blocking a kick) that another Bengals player recovered. Sacks or tackles behind the line of and by themselves are not worth anything unless they are a strip-sack (0.5 points if we recover) or they are also a safety (2 points). All half-points will be rounded down. A blocked FG is always 0.5 for the blocker, a blocked punt is the same unless the blocker is the only person (on either team) to touch the ball before it becomes a safety (in which case it becomes 2 points).
- You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 1x points (not 1.5x cumulative).
- Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
- Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
- Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
- Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed. Unless your first player was on the roster at the start of the week and is put on IR/cut/traded before the next week, your first comment is your player, so pick carefully.
- Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.