Some good news first.
1. Troy P. not expected to play, but will believe it when I see it. Without Troy they are not the same defense giving up an average of 7 more points a game, and they should have trouble covering A.J.
2. Other injuries. 2 running backs, Mendhenall and Redmen may not play, as well as 2 Oline, C Pouncey, and T Gilbert. If this is the case Bengals have a good chance to shut down their running game. Would hope so right???
3. Bengals have A.J Green.
4. Bengals should be inspired coming off an embarassing defeat, and having a primetime homegame. Look for Jay Gruden to push the envelope in this game.
5. Did I mention we have A.J?
6. Their main offensive weapons are the 2 WR, and it seems like Leon Hall is playing better on the one side.
Some bad news.
1. Pitt has won 11 of the last 12 visits to Cincy including the playoff game.
2. They have had an extra 3 days to rest, and are tough to beat coming after a loss.
3. Big Ben on 3rd down. Steelers came into their last game the best in league on 3rd down conversions at 52%. This is probably the biggest key to the game, If Bengals can get off the field on 3rd down, or better yet force a turnover, and not let him escape the pocket and kill them with conversions.
4. Dick Lebeau is a good one, and he will watch the film from Miami and Cleveland and no doubt keep his safeties back and dare Bengals to run the ball, which they have not shown to be able to do.
5. Look for Pitt. to attack the WR that Newman is covering.
I try to be an optimist, which is hard being a Bengal fan for so long. But I am going to call for a 24-17 win, as we finally win the turnover battle for the 1st time this year, and Bengals make just enough stops on 3rd down.