Game: Cincinnati Bengals (6-5) at San Diego Chargers (4-7)
Time: 4:25 PM (ET)
Location: Qualcomm Stadium
Series Leader: Chargers, 19-11
Streak: Chargers have won five of the past seven
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 2-2. Turner: 0-0
Broadcast: CBS (1:25 PM PT): Marv Albert, Rich Gannon. SIRIUS: 93 (Cin.), 94 (SD). XM: 227 (SD).
SB Nation: Bolts from the Blue
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Partly cloudy and 62 degrees [WUnderground.com]
- The Bengals look to record a win in their fourth straight game.
- Since Week 10, the Bengals are averaging 31 points per game, third in the NFL.
- In his past three games, quarterback Andy Dalton has generated 639 yards passing with nine touchdowns and no interceptions for a passer rating of 117.2.
- Dalton is one of three NFL quarterbacks in NFL history with 20-plus touchdowns in each of his first two seasons.
- Dalton has a fourth-quarter passer rating of 100.1 in 2012, second in the AFC (Peyton Manning, 110.5).
- Cincinnati rushed for a season-high of 221 yards rushing last week.
- Running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis looks to generate a 100 yards rushing in his third straight game.
- Green-Ellis has generated 29 rushing touchdown since 2010, third-most in the NFL.
- Wide receiver A.J. Green (2,079) generated 2,000 yards receiving in only his 26th game last week, tied for second-few to reach 2,000 yards since 1970.
- Since 2011, Green has posted 17 touchdowns, most among AFC wide receivers.
- Wide receiver Mohamed Sanu aims to generate a touchdown in his fourth straight game.
- Defense ranks second in the NFL with 35 sacks.
- Defensive tackle Geno Atkins (9) needs a quarterback sack to become fourth Bengals player with 10+ plus sacks in a season since 1982.
- Defensive end Michael Johnson has a career-best eight quarterback sacks.
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
- The San Diego Chargers are 18-3 in the month of December under Norv Turner.
- Chargers have won five of the past six games at home against the Bengals.
- Quarterback Philip Rivers (26,974) surpassed quarterback John Hadl (26,938) for second-most yards passing in franchise history last week, trailing Hall of Famer Dan Fouts (43,040).
- In three career games against the Bengals, Rivers has generated 902 yards passing with seven touchdowns, three interceptions and a passer rating of 99.4.
- Running back Ryan Mathews is averaging 93.5 yards rushing per game in his past four games during the month of December.
- Tight end Antonio Gates (80) trails only Hall of Famer Lance Alworth (81) for most touchdown receptions in franchise history.
- In two career games against the Cincinnati Bengals, wide receiver Malcom Floyd is averaging 19.1 yards per reception.
- In his past three games, wide receiver Danario Alexander is averaging 101.3 yards receiving per game with three touchdowns.
- Linebacker Shaun Phillips (67) has the second-most quarterback sacks by a Charger (Leslie O'Neal, 105.5) since 1982.
- Linebacker Takeo Spikes was selected No. 13 overall by the Bengals during the 1998 NFL Draft.
- Linebacker Antwan Barnes had a season-best two sacks last week.
(stats pages at NFL.com no longer sortable; not all rankings listed)
|Total||358.5 (13th)||324.4 (25th)|
|Scoring||25.6 (10th)||22.3 (16th)|
|Third Downs||33.6% (27th)||39.1% (13th)|
|Rushing||113.9 (14th)||99.5 (25th)|
|Rushing TDs||8 (t-13th)||4 (28th)|
|Passing||244.5 (12th)||224.9 (18th)|
|Passing TDs||24 (t-4th)||18 (t-9th)|
|Sacks Allowed||26 (t-17th)||32 (27th)|
|Total||334.5 (9th)||334.7 (10th)|
|Scoring||22.5 (t-15th)||21.5 (12th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||38%||42%|
|Rushing||116.1 (17th)||91.5 (t-5th)|
|Passing||218.4 (8th)||243.3 (20th)|
|Sacks||35 (2nd)||22 (t-24th)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||38||33|
|Interceptions||8 (t-20th)||9 (t-17th)|
|Fumble Recoveries||8 (t-6th)||7 (t-11th)|
|Forced Fumbles||11 (t-7th)||12 (t-5th)|
|Kickoff Return||23.5 (17th)||24.4 (15th)|
|Punt Return||11.5 (7th)||6.1 (30th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||21||21|