Game: Cincinnati Bengals (8-6) at Pittsburgh Steelers (7-7)
Time: 1:00 PM (ET)
Location: Heinz Field
Series Leader: Steelers, 52-32
Streak: Steelers have 13 of past 17
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis 5-15. Tomlin: 9-2
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Jim Nantz, Phil Simms. Dial Global Radio: Tom McCarthy, Tony Boselli. SIRIUS: 135 (Cin.), 86 (Pit.). XM: 234 (Pit.).
SB Nation: Behind The Steel Curtain
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Mostly cloudy and 34 degrees [Weather Underground]
- Bengals have won five of their past six games, looking to win their fourth straight road game (5-2 on the road this year).
- Quarterback Andy Dalton (3,133) needs 86 yards passing to surpass his rookie total of 3,398 yards passing.
- Dalton is one of three players in NFL history with 20 touchdowns in each of his first two seasons (Peyton Manning, Dan Marino).
- Dalton needs four touchdown passes to become the second Bengals player in franchise history to register 30 or more in a season (Carson Palmer, 2005).
- In his past five games Bengals running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis is averaging 108.6 yards rushing per game.
- Green-Ellis, who posted his fourth 100-yard rushing game of the season last week, has a career high 1,080 yards rushing and reached the 1,000-yard milestone for only the second time in his career.
- Wide receiver A.J. Green needs 223 yards receiving to surpass Chad Johnson (1,440, 2007) for single-season franchise record.
- Since 2011, Green has posted 18 receiving touchdowns, most among AFC wide receivers.
- Tight End Jermaine Gresham has already set a career high in receptions (61) and yards receiving (699) in 2012.
- Defensive tackle Geno Atkins (10.5) is tied for second-most sacks by a Bengals player in a season since 1982 (Eddie Edwards, 13 in 1983).
- Since 2010 Atkins leads all NFL defensive tackles with 21 quarterback sacks.
- Steelers have won three straight at home against the Bengals in December.
- Ben Roethlisberger is 13-4 (.765) during his career against the Bengals.
- Roethlisberger registered his 23rd 300-yard passing game of his career last week and has 29,490 yards passing, most in Steelers annals.
- Running back Jonathan Dwyer rushed for a career-best 122 yards in his last game against the Bengals, posting his second touchdown last week.
- In his past two games, wide receiver Mike Wallace is averaging 103.5 yards receiving per game.
- Wide receiver Antonio Brown is looking to post a touchdown in his third straight game.
- Tight end Heath Miller (405) joined Hines Ward and Hall of Famer John Stallworth as the only Steelers to reach 400 career receptions.
- Miller (68) has second-most receptions among AFC tight ends in 2012.
- Linebacker James Harrison has eight quarterback sacks in his past nine games against the Bengals.
- Linebacker Larry Foote leads the team with 97 tackles.
- Linebacker LaMarr Woodley has eight sacks, two interceptions, pick-six, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery in 10 career games against the Bengals.
- Safety Troy Polamalu has four career picks against the Bengals.
|Total||347.6 (18th)||345.1 (19th)|
|Scoring||25.4 (9th)||21.6 (20th)|
|Third Downs||35.4% (t-22nd)||44.2% (4th)|
|Rushing||120.3 (11th)||96.5 (26th)|
|Rushing TDs||11 (t-14th)||8 (t-25th)|
|20-Yard Runs||13 (t-7th)||7 (t-22nd)|
|Passing||227.4 (17th)||248.6 (10th)|
|Passing TDs||27 (t-5th)||23 (t-8th)|
|Sacks Allowed||38 (25th)||31 (t-16th)|
|20-yard Passes||33 (30th)||47 (t-12th)|
|Total||320.4 (6th)||273.3 (1st)|
|Scoring||20.9 (t-9th)||20.8 (8th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||38% (18th)||36% (10th)|
|Rushing||101.0 (9th)||92.7 (4th)|
|Rushing TDs||11 (t-11th)||9 (t-9th)|
|20-Yard Runs||5 (t-2nd)||4 (1st)|
|Passing||219.4 (12th)||180.6 (1st)|
|Passing TDs||15 (t-6th)||18 (t-11th)|
|Sacks||43 (1st)||27 (t-23rd)|
|QB Rating||83.2 (13th)||80.6 (11th)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||47 (t-22nd)||25 (1st)|
|Interceptions||11 (t-19th)||7 (t-29th)|
|Fumble Recoveries||12 (5th)||5 (t-24th)|
|Forced Fumbles||14 (t-9th)||11 (t-15th)|
|Kickoff Return||22.4 (19th)||25.6 (9th)|
|Punt Return||11.5 (4th)||7.5 (26th)|
|Punting (Net)||41.2 (t-8th)||37.1 (t-27th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||25 (t-13th)||24 (t-16th)|