There was a recent post on the main board that asked us to post our ideal drafts, but I did not have time to reply.
Here is my ideal draft
1a. Stephen Gilmore, CB, South Carolina: We need a long term starter, but don't need an immediate starter. Gilmore can have an impact covering in the Nickel until he is ready yto start full-time.
1b. Dunt'a HIghtower, MLB, Alabama (could go Hightower/Kirkpatrick with same endstate) Rey is just too much of a questionmark with his history of arrests, substance abuse, and ankle injuries. He can play on the outside long-term if he continues to develop, but we need a MLB who will play for us.
2. (Trade our 2nd and 4th to move up) Doug Martin, RB, Boise State: Takes over as the feature back with support from Leonard (3rd down), Scott (Chnage of pace), and BJGE (shrt yardage).
3. Brandon Brooks, G, Mia (OH): Offers competition if not immediate starting at RG.
4. (Trade Cincy and NE 5th round picks to move back up into 4th) Marvin McNutt, WR Iowa: Offers a balance of posssesion and big play ability opposite AJ Green. Has good size and speed, and might be drafted earlier in a weaker WR draft.
5. DeAngelo Tyson, DT, Georgia: Provides depth on the DL, and we have had good success with D-linemen out of Georgia.
6. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State: A 3/4th scale model of Andy Dalton to back him up long-term.