CINCINNATI, OH - OCTOBER 16: Bobbie Williams #63 of the Cincinnati Bengals celebrates during the NFL game against the Indianapolis Colts at Paul Brown Stadium on October 16, 2011 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Bengals won 27-17. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)
This time last year the starting lineup at offensive guard included Nate Livings and Bobbie Williams. Flash forward after the season and Livings signed a five-year deal with the Dallas Cowboys while Williams has spent considerable time rehabilitating a broken ankle that cut his season short last year. According to Geoff Hobson with Bengals.com, Williams is at Paul Brown Stadium on Monday "going through drills at the direction of rehab director Nick Cosgray after Monday's practice."
Williams, who turns 36 in September, is coming off ankle surgery and says he plans on playing this year somewhere and that he's 85 percent back. Asked if there have been any talks with him and the Bengals, he said he's been concentrating on getting healthy.
With the team signing Travelle Wharton and using one of their first-round selections on Kevin Zeitler, it's highly unlikely that Williams enters a ninth season with the Bengals. However with Williams still needing help during his rehabilitation and the overall foundation between player and team, it wouldn't be surprising if the Bengals allowed Williams to use the team facilities and personnel to help his recovery -- which would be a class act, much like Williams.