Nate Clements and Jordan Shipley practiced today after they were removed from the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. For Shipley, this is his first practice since the September 18th ACL tear which sidelined him for the 2011 season.
The implications of this roster move and the following practice participation by Shipley and Clements are that neither player can be placed back on PUP. In other words, they either make the final 53 man roster, they get released, or they are placed on IR and miss the 2012 season.
Other injury news:
- Four cornerbacks--Leon Hall, Nate Clements, Terence Newman, and Adam Jones--returned today after missing practice yesterday.
- Pat Sims (ankle) and Mike Nugent (hamstring) are the only remaining Bengals on PUP.
- Dre Kirkpatrick (knee) remains on the Non-Football Injury (NFI) list and will remain so until he is medically cleared.
- Defensive ends Robert Geathers (knee) and Michael Johnson (unknown) did not practice for the second day in a row.
- Brandon Tate (hamstring) did not practice. He missed Sunday with apparent hamstring tightness.