I volunteered to come to work to do a little of nothing Saturday Morning. I'm a second shift guy working first shift today. So after I got my work done I found myself in the office putting in the mandatory 6 hours with almost nothing to do but surf the internet looking at what's going on around the league. Here's the best 5 stories I come up with as far as interesting to me is concerned.
- Former Bengals QB Carson Palmer is having a "Horrible" pre-season thus far. According to the Oakland Tribune his numbers from last night don't explain the story.
Palmer's numbers (13 of 24, 107 yards) weren't an accurate barometer of how he played. Two misfires in particular stood out. Palmer badly overthrew tight end Richard Gordon on a first-and-10 early in the second quarter, with Kerry Rhodes intercepting the gift and racing 60 yards to set up a 32-yard field goal by Jay Feely. Earlier, with a third-and-2 at the Arizona 23, Darren McFadden was wide open on a swing pass to the left -- a sure touchdown. Palmer's pass, however, led him too far, and McFadden couldn't keep both feet in bounds.
- There was a shooting outside the parking lot at the Oakland Raiders vs. Arizona Cardinals game. Leaving one victim in critical condition fighting for their life this morning. The suspect has been apprehended.
- USA Olympic Track Runner and silver medalist Jeff Demps has "officially" signed with the New England Patriots after some confusion with the offer he received from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was a running back for the Florida Gators during his college years.
- New Jacksonville Jaguars Owner Shahid Khan isn't overly concerned about star running back/2011 rushing leader Maurice Jones Drew not being with the team via holdout. Saying "Believe me, it’s not a great concern."
- Former Bengals WR Terrell Owens will make his debut tonight with Seattle Seahawks against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. That game starts 7:00 p.m. Mountain Time. That's 9:00 p.m. our time if you're a dummy concerning time zones like myself. According to Pete Carroll there may or may not be much to watch with Owens.
So there you have it. This is for all of you that think everything posted should be current roster related. You now have a run down of what's going on around the league rather you want it or not. You don't even have to be so bored you spend 2 hours drinking coffee, taking smoke breaks, and then surfing the internet to find out. Now let's talk about it!