August 16, 2012; Atlanta, GA, USA; Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones (11) is tackled by Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Dontay Moch (52) and defensive back Taylor Mays (26) in the first half at the Georgia Dome. Mandatory Credit: Daniel Shirey-US PRESSWIRE
Here's a few stories we ran the past few days in relation to Cincinnati's most recent win.
- Remaining perfect in the preseason with 24-19 win over Atlanta
- Bengals offensive line against the Falcons defense
- Andrew Whitworth vs. John Abraham
- Marvin Jones made the most of his chances against Atlanta
- First-team defense against Atlanta's touchdown drive
- First-team defense inside the Red Zone
- Rushing defense against the Falcons
- The Mohamed Sanu Touchdown drive
- Animated GIF of A.J. Green's 50-yard touchdown reception.
- Rising and Falling: Jeromy Miles and Taylor Mays
+ It was soon revealed that Jermaine Gresham has a knee sprain and that it seems unlikely he'll return before the start of the regular season.
+ Dre Kirkpatrick, who returned to practice on Sunday, is out against the Green Bay Packers. However he's expected to take part during the preseason finale.
+ Taylor Mays' recklessness and aggression led to a Vontaze Burfict injury. Mays said that he has to be conscious of who he's hitting, but Marvin Lewis doesn't want him to lose that aggressiveness.
+ Wide receiver Ryan Whalen and linebacker Vontaze Burfict returned to practice on Sunday as well.
+ Quarterback Andy Dalton answers more of his critics.
+ The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver position is starting to take shape.
+ We take a stab at "big-name" players that the Cincinnati Bengals could release -- though we ended up pointing out why they probably won't be.
+ Cincinnati releases wide receiver Jordan Shipley.
+ The Bengals signed Fairmont State defensive end Luke Black over the weekend.
+ Eligibility rules for the NFL practice squad.