Has anyone paid attention to how many Bengals are playing for another contract this year? There's quite a few and with so many of these guys playing for there NEXT contract, I'm actually kind of excited about the prospect of potentially seeing at least a few them having career/breakout years.
Which of these players will be back after the 2012 season?
1. Bruce Gradkowski - ? - Not sure about him after this year
2. Andrew Hawkins - ? - Has to take advantage of his opportunity this year
3. O. Hudson - ? - Not sure about him after this year has to show well if given the opportunity
4. P. Simms - ? - Not sure about him after this year has to get healthy and show he can stay healthy
5. D. Lee - ? - Has to show he still has it this year
6. B. Leonard - ? - Has to continue to show something this year
7. C. Peerman - ? - Has to show something MORE this year
8. Dennis Roland ? - Not sure about him
9. B. Scott - ? - Time to put up or shut up - Has to breakout this year or he's done
10. A. Smith - ? - Has to continue to show he's worth the money he's gonna want
11. Nate Clements - ? - Has to show he's still got it as well show his versatility @ safety
12. Robert Geather - ? - Has to continue to show he can perform at a high level and stay healthy
13. Thomas Howard - ? - Has to continue to be consistent and he should be back
14. Manny Lawson - ? - Not sure about him after this year but may be auditioning for another team
15. Rey Maualuga - ? - Time to put up or shut up - Has to show something major this year
16. Michael Johnson - ? - Not sure about him but he's definitely playing for a contract need to show a bit more to ean a new contract
17. Adam Jones - ? - Has to show he can stay healthy and out of trouble if he wants another contract
18. Terrence Newman - ? - Has to really show he still has something left in the tank if he wants another contract next year.
19. Dan Skuta - ? - Has to continue perform when giving the opportunity.
So what do think? Who stays? Who goes? Who has a breakout year?
The players on this list who I think have a real legitamite shot to EXCEED expectations this year are;
Nate Clements, Andre Smith, Benard Scott, Michael Johnson, Thomas Howard and Adam Jones