Game: Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) at Washington Redskins (1-1)
Time: 1 PM (ET)
Location: FedEx Field
Series Leader: Series tied, 4-4
Streak: Bengals have won three of the past four
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 2-0. Shanahan: 5-3
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots. SIRIUS: 127 (Cin.), 86 (Was.). XM: 229 (Was.).
SB Nation: Hogs Haven
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: 69 degrees, thunderstorms in the area, 26 percent change of rain [Weather Underground]
- The Cincinnati Bengals look to record their third consecutive win over the Washington Redskins.
- Quarterback Andy Dalton tied a career-high with three touchdown passes last week and a career-best 128.2 passer rating.
- Dalton is 3-1 as a starter against NFC teams.
- The Cincinnati Bengals are 4-1 when Dalton generates a passer rating of 100 or better.
- Running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis has seven rushing touchdowns in past eight games against NFC opponents and 12 in his past 18.
- Wide receiver A.J. Green posted his first touchdown of the season last week against the Browns.
- Wide receiver Andrew Hawkins' 50-yard touchdown against the Browns was his first touchdown in his career.
- Wide receiver Brandon Tate posted his first touchdown as a Cincinnati Bengal last week.
- Tight end Jermaine Gresham has 10 career touchdown receptions.
- Linebacker Rey Maualuga leads the team with 15 tackles.
- Defensive end Michael Johnson posted a quarterback sack and fumble recovery against the Browns last week.
- Cornerback Terence Newman has nine career interceptions against the Washington Redskins; the most against any team.
- Since 2005 Adam Jones ranks second in the NFL with five punt returns for touchdown.
- Jones (3) is one of four active players to record three punt returns for touchdowns of at least 80 yards or more in his career.
- Robert Griffin III leads all NFL rookies and ranks fourth overall with a 111.6 passer rating, completing 39 of 55 passes (70.9 percent) for 526 yards passing, three touchdowns and one interception.
- Griffin is the first rookie since 1969 with a 65-yard plus touchdown pass in each of his first two games and leads all NFL quarterbacks with 124 yards rushing and two touchdowns.
- Running back Alfred Morris leads NFL rookies with 185 yards rushing and tied for first among rookies, with Griffin, with two rushing touchdowns.
- Last week Morris (89 yards) and Griffin (82) became the first rookie running back and quarterback duo to generate 80-plus yards rushing since 1958.
- Wide receiver Leonard Hankerson posted a 68-yard touchdown reception last week.
- Wide receiver Pierre Garcon had eight receptions the last time he played the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Wide receiver Santana Moss had seven receptions for 72 yards receiving and a touchdown the last time he played the BEngals.
- All of wide receiver Aldrick Robinson's receptions have gone for a first down or touchdown.
- Cornerback Josh Wilson posted a fumble return for a touchdown last week.
|Total||348.5 (18th)||416.0 (4th)|
|Scoring||20.5 (16th)||34.0 (1st)|
|Third Downs||30% (27th)||29% (30th)|
|Rushing||104.5 (t-16th)||164.5 (4th)|
|Rushing TDs||1 (t-19th)||4 (t-2nd)|
|20-Yard Runs||0 (t-23rd)||2 (t-6th)|
|Passing||244.0 (16th)||251.5 (11th)|
|Passing TDs||3 (t-12th)||3 (t-12th)|
|Sacks Allowed||10 (32nd)||3 (t-2nd)|
|20-yard Passes||6 (t-18th)||9 (t-8th)|
|Total||434.5 (30th)||405.0 (28th)|
|Scoring||35.5 (29th)||31.5 (27th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||42% (20th)||39% (18th)|
|Rushing||126.0 (19th)||91.5 (10th)|
|Rushing TDs||3 (t-23rd)||0 (t-1st)|
|20-Yard Runs||1 (t-9th)||2 (t-19th)|
|Passing||308.5 (29th)||313.5 (t-30th)|
|Passing TDs||4 (t-21st)||6 (32nd)|
|Sacks||5 (t-11th)||4 (t-16th)|
|QB Rating||119.9 (30th)||89.7 (17th)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||11 (29th)||9 (t-24th)|
|Interceptions||0 (t-24th)||3 (t-8th)|
|Kickoff Return||23.9 (15th)||17.0 (31st)|
|Punt Return||21.8 (2nd)||6.2 (28th)|
|Punting (Net)||40.3 (t-14th)||31.6 (29th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||4 (t-7th)||2 (t-21st)|
We're not doing a player history against each team due to the limited number of games they've played.