I am curious to hear what everyone has to say about coaching and what makes a season a success. These are just a few questions I ask myself. I am only human and emotion plays in almost all I do when it comes to this team and I admit, I am no expert. I only want to know how we can have coaches for years, decades and not hold them to the same standards as our players. I am new to this blogging thing and being older, not so much with it, when it comes to the computer world. I apologize for the notebook looking post.
I. Do we fire a coach every year because we didn't win a super bowl?
2. Do we accept a coach/coordinator because we are top 10 and not number one.
3. Do we assume they know what they are doing when we think there are better options on the bench?
4. Do we judge the coach as we do the player?
5. Does a play that cost the game go on the player or coach?
6. If we rank coaches, where is ours ranked?
7. If players don't play up to expectations, is it coach or player?
8. If a team comes out flat, is it the coach?
9. How many chances should we give a coach?
10. Is there a way to get a score on coaching the way we judge a players performance?
11. How do teams improve? Is it all coaches or do players come together and say enough is enough?
12. When does coaching stop and personal player pride take over?
13. How much is it the coach or how much is it the coordinator for success or failure?
14. Can we look to the future with optimism with the coaches we have?
15. If the coaches do the same thing over again expecting different results, can it be considered weakness?
16. If we have injuries, can we still be happy with a 4-12 record?