FanPost

Playoff Status - going into week 10

Just reviewed sportsclubstats.com - interesting overview re: who dey playoff situation:

1. Almost impossible to think WhoDey misses the playoffs this year.

2. Almost impossible to think WhoDey doesn't win the AFCN.

3. There is almost no plausible situation that puts us in a Wild Card slot.

4. Stating the obvious, other than missing playoffs, worst possible place = #4 seed, playing the 2nd place AFCW team in the Wild Card round.

With 7 games remaining:

WIN 7 (13-3): Win division, 1st round bye guaranteed, 25% chance of #1 seed

WIN 6 (12-4): Win division, 1st round bye probability 70%. Minimal chance of #1 seed.

WIN 5 (11-5): Win division, 1st round bye 25%, 50% chance #3 seed, 25% chance #4 seed.

WIN 4 (10-6): Win division, 65% chance #4 seed. 30+% chance #3.

WIN 3 (9-7): Essentially the same as if goes 10-6

WIN 2 (8-8): 20% chance #4 seed, 80% chance misses playoffs

WIN 0 or 1: Miss playoffs

My predictions on rest of year:

At Baltimore: W

vs Cleveland: W

at San Diego: L

vs Indianapolis: W

at Pittsburgh: L

vs Minnesota: W

vs Baltimore: W* (unless we rest starters)

Knowing this team, they will come out breathing fire and beat a dejected Baltimore team on the road, essentially knocking them out of the race. They will then turn around and play strong at home against Cleveland. A Bye Week and the team loses focus, goes out to the west coast which is always a challenge and loses to San Diego. In the biggest game of the rest of the regular season, they turn around and crank it up at home, beating Indy. A division game on the road is never easy and we lose to the Steelers, then turn around and take the Vikes to the woodshed. Depending on how much the last game matters we may rest starters and take a Loss, but the game is winnable if it means something.

If we win at SD, we probably come home and lose to Indy.

If we lose to Cleveland, we probably beat SD.

Any way you slice it, I call 5 more wins, team finishes 11-5 and probably hosts a WC game.

This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Cincy Jungle's writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Cincy Jungle's writers or editors.

SB Nation Featured Video
X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Cincy Jungle

You must be a member of Cincy Jungle to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Cincy Jungle. You should read them.

Join Cincy Jungle

You must be a member of Cincy Jungle to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Cincy Jungle. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker