This will be my last mock for awhile. I am trying to take my heart out of this one, and put myself into Marvin's shoes, and go with how I think he will perceive our needs, and make his selections. Here goes.
1. Alec Ogletree, LB, UGa - Marvin seems to love players from UGa, and they tend to make him look smart for his selection. This fills what I think Marvin will perceive as our biggest first round need considering Vacarro should be off the board.
2. Gio Bernard, RB, UNC - This fills another need, and I think Jay will be in Marvin's ear to make this pick. His game and our scheme seem to be a match made in heaven. They will be crossing their fingers he is there...like they did with Dalton.
2. Jordan Poyner, CB, Oregon St. - Not the most polished, but one of the most gifted. The nickel is our best defense (or was last year), and he is athletic enough to be successful filling this role. This allows some aging vets to be released without worry.
3. TJ McDonald, S, USC - This will not be a popular pick, but I know Marvin loves his USC safeties, and 3rd round feels right for this. He is the anti-Mays. He is hard hitting, and needs to keep working his route coverage skills, but since he isn't as speedy as Mays, he is often in the right place at the right time.
4. Zac Dysert, QB, Miami - This kid is just good, and it gives us a guy that will let Grad walk, and could ultimately be Andy's successor if that becomes a need in the future.
5. Rick Wagner, OT, Wisconsin - This is almost a necessity pick, and extremely good value. Whit is not getting younger, and his run blocking has slipped. combine that with Smith possibly getting the dreaded tag (which would almost assure his departure the following year), it just feels right.
6. Aaron Mellette - WR, Elon - Massive numbers in '12 from a relatively unknown player. Simpson like potential, in a spot where Simpson SHOULD have been drafted. He's 6'3", and runs a 4.5 in the 40.
6. Ray Graham, RB, Pitt - He appears fully healthy now, and was flashing the form that made him so dominant in previous years. He will be a nice change-up from BJGE and Bernard, and will see some time if his blocking skills are there.
So there it is...my "what I really think Marvin will do" mock draft.
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Cincy Jungle's writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Cincy Jungle's writers or editors.