Whether it's our own guys, or one from another team. Here's mine -
1. Andre Smith - 4 yr, 24 million We made him the top RT, and other than being immature in handling his business as a kid fresh out of college, has has worked hard to earn top RT honors. He won't be paid what he is hoping for. If he can't be signed, let's still fill this position via FA...and my preference would be Sebastian Vollmer.
2. Rey Maualuga - 2 yr, 4 million He is better at SAM than MIKE, and he will transition perfectly back into that role. Zim loves him. Marvin loves him. It makes sense. If we can't sign him, I'm hoping we look at Phillip Wheeler. The draft could also fill this need well in rounds 3 or 4.
3. Wallace Gilberry - 2 years, 3 million He stepped in nicely, and can play anywhere along the line. The team will draft a DE...could be as high as first (I've seen both Werner and Moore falling to us), or as low as the fifth (Cornelius Washington).
4. Adam Jones - 3 years, 7 million Time to let Pac Man assume the starting job, and let Newman be a stop-gap for another team. We got his game right finally, and it showed on the field. He may stay for a fair contract if he can start. Good chance we draft a CB again...lots of talent between in the first 4 rounds.
5. Thomas Howard - 2 years, 5-6 million Hopefully we sign him for less than his last contract since he made all that money from the sidelines for half of it. Leading tackler the year he was healthy. If his knee isn't right, we will draft his replacement, and early.
6. A kicker - I don't care which one, just figure it out and bring him back. I prefer Brown because his kickoffs are better.
7. Chris Clemons, S, Miami - 5 years, 22.5-25 million Kid has developed into a top safety, and Miami is strapped. Signing a proven vet would prevent us from drafting yet another guy to play the position. We have a stable full of unproven safeties. Time to trim the fat.
This list let Geathers, Sims, Newman, a kicker, Scott, Leonard, Crocker, and Lawson go.