To save a little cash, the Arizona Cardinals
have cut former 1st round pick Chris "Beanie" Wells.
Is Wells somebody worth considering bringing to Cincinnati?
Why bring Wells to Cincy?
1) The Bengals
need a RB - he is a RB
2) He is a big, strong back (6'1", 235 lbs) who can knock his way around the AFCN
3) He is fast (ran a sub 4.4 - 40 at his pro day)
4) We need another Buckeye RB to pair with Dan "Boom" Herron
5)In the last 2 seasons he was able to pound in 15 TD's in 22 games behind Arizona's horrid O-Line.
Why NOT bring Wells to Cincy?
1) He's just a better version of BJGE, not a true change of pace guy
2) He is more fumble prone than BJGE, although he's gotten better the last couple years
3) He is very injury prone (has missed 13 games the last 4 seasons). Even at Ohio State he used to get injured.
4) Like BJGE, he provides little as a receiver
For one reason or another (likely the injuries, or the similarity to BJGE, or Buckeye envy from the UC fans), some folks are going to outright dismiss the notion of Wells to the Bengals. But i think the fact that he has a 4.0 career ypc behind that awful O-Line is not something to quickly ignore. If healthy, I think he can definately provide more upside and performance that BJGE, but would likely need to be complimented with another RB who can catch out of the backfield, and who can rotate to hopefully stave away any injuries.
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Cincy Jungle's writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Cincy Jungle's writers or editors.