Paul Brown Stadium One Of Few Without Corporate Sponsorship

The San Francisco 49ers have announced a major naming rights deal for the new stadium set to open in 2014.

The San Francisco 49ers announced on Wednesday that they've sold naming rights to the team's new $1.2 billion stadium. According to various reports, Levi's will enter into an agreement worth $220 million over 20 years, naming the 49ers' newest home "Levi's Stadium", set to open in 2014 [Not that Niners Nation hasn't been predicting this for nearly two months].

After the Cleveland Browns announced a naming-rights deal earlier this year, there will be eight stadiums without corporate sponsorship heading into 2013.

Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City Chiefs), Candlestick Park (San Francisco 49ers), Cowboys Stadium (Dallas Cowboys), Georgia Dome (Atlanta Falcons), Lambeau Field (Green Bay Packers), Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati Bengals), Ralph Wilson Stadium (Buffalo Bills) and Soldier Field (Chicago Bears).

Next year it reduces to seven when "Levi's Stadium" opens.

Cincinnati has "resisted" any naming rights deal, keeping the team's founder as it's stadium name.

At one point after the college bargaining agreement was signed in 2006, the Bengals felt that they needed to find new streams of revenue.

"We'll be thinking about a lot of things," said Bengals owner Mike Brown in 2006. "We're going to have to adapt to this deal, and the best way to do that is find whatever revenue streams wherever we can find them.

However according to one Cincinnati Enquirer report, the Bengals would get 70 percent of the revenue stream from a corporate sponsor, while the remaining 30 percent goes to Hamilton County.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Cincy Jungle

You must be a member of Cincy Jungle to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Cincy Jungle. You should read them.

Join Cincy Jungle

You must be a member of Cincy Jungle to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Cincy Jungle. You should read them.

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker