Adam Jones has vehemently promoted his innocence, through twitter, an ESPN radio interview and through his agent, who believes the video and witnesses backs Jones' claim.
So it's not surprising that Jones has pleaded not guilty on Tuesday, according to the Associated Press.
Tuesday's not guilty plea came a day after Jones was arrested and then released on his own recognizance.
A police complaint says the 29-year-old Jones is accused of striking the Cincinnati woman last week. The police report lists the injury as apparently minor.
Jones turned himself in on Monday due to an incident from last Wednesday that led to a confrontation with a woman at a local bar. He was formally charged with assaulting a female patron but released soon after.
- Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis calls incident "unfortunate".
- Jones will not be available to the media on Tuesday.
- Transcript of Jones' ESPN radio interview.
- Video of the incident from Wednesday.
- Jones turns himself in.
- Prosecutors confirm assault charge.
- Jones tweets his innocence before anyone knows what's going on.