That was quick.
Adam Jones' trial to answer for an assault charge was set to begin Monday morning.
However, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer, Jones' case was continued with no known date at this point.
Pacman Jones case continued. No new date yet but I bet it's after the end of the football season. @cincienquirer— Kimball Perry (@kimballperry) August 19, 2013
If the case is continued until after the season, the league likely won't respond with a punishment for Jones until the legal process has worked itself out. That being the case, the Bengals won't have to plan for losing Jones for any period of time and keep a sixth cornerback.
UPDATE: The trial is scheduled for Oct. 7, according to the Enquirer.
Bengal Adam "Pacman" Jones will go on trial. Monday. Oct. 7, for allegedly punching a woman in the head. @cincienquirer— Kimball Perry (@kimballperry) August 19, 2013
More from Cincy Jungle:
- ESPN's Mark Schlereth Gushes Over Bengals: "They Have A Ton Of Great Football Players"
- [Gallery] Cincinnati Bengals 27, Tennessee Titans 19
- Jay Gruden on Cobi Hamilton: He's a good target
- Bengals running back Giovani Bernard wants to do it all
- Bengals Roster Changes: Release LB Maybin, CB Stoudermire, WR Goard