The Cincinnati Bengals released their first depth chart of the preseason on Friday; which is a completely pointless tool this early, but fun for fodder and what to expect from the preseason. We'll have updates on the team's depth chart as it's released, but a few quick notes.
- Orson Charles is the first player at h-back/fullbacks with John Conner and Chris Pressley second and third. Conner has had a solid training camp as a natural fullback, but not much else. Pressley remains on the team's Active/NFI list.
- Safety George Iloka is listed as the first-team safety opposite of Reggie Nelson, with Taylor Mays second and rookie Shawn Williams listed third. Don't read anything into this. All it could take is one play before this roster is completely revised.
- Wide receiver Mohamed Sanu is the second starting receiver opposite A.J. Green. Marvin Jones is on the second-team unit behind Green.
- Kyle Cook is on the first team, with Trevor Robinson and rookie T.J. Johnson second and third respectively.
- Dre Kirkpatrick is the third left cornerback with Terence Newman and Brandon Ghee on the first and second team respectively.
- Carlos Dunlap is the starting Left Defensive End, with Robert Geathers on the second team, and Dontay Moch bringing up the rear.
- Despite an early injury letting other Bengal hopefuls field some kicks, Brandon Tate is still slated as the number 1 to return kick-offs this season. Baby Hawk is second. No surprise that Adam Jones is our number one punt return man.