When Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green landed awkwardly during the first training camp session -- what feels like six months ago -- the collective heartbeat in Cincinnati stop. Marvin Lewis sighed relief to Mike Zimmer during the first episode of Hard Knocks, "we dodged a bullet." Green, after declaring himself 100 percent, began practicing last week but sat during the team's second preseason game against the Tennessee Titans.
Will Green play Saturday?
"You can write that down," Lewis said after practice (via Bengals.com). "At some point you will see A.J. Green. He may be beside me in warmups. I think he's making the trip."
How much will he play?
"It's the number of snaps I have in mind. Each player has to be handled individually," Lewis said after Thursday's practice as he discussed the factors going into play time. "There's depth at the position and the player's experience."
More from Cincy Jungle:
- Former Patriots Tight End Aaron Hernandez Officially Indicted On Murder Charge
- ESPN's Herm Edwards Declares Bengals AFC North Favorites
- Bengals linebacker Brandon Joiner Carted off the Practice Field Thursday
- PRACTICE: More injured Bengals returning healthy
- Bengals Quarterback Andy Dalton A TV Star, Thanks To Pepsi