At some point in the second quarter, Andre Smith was pulled from the game after sustaining a knee injury. Originally he was listed as questionable to return by the team, but that was quickly downgraded to doubtful -- it might has well have been "out" since he didn't return (and why would you risk that during a preseason game).
Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said after the game that Smith should be ready for the regular season opener against the Chicago Bears, but added during the post game show on 700 WLW that Smith will have scans on the knee and that "hopefully everything is alright."
The Bengals have been dealing with an assortment of minor injuries that's holding starters out. Tight end Tyler Eifert sat out against the Cowboys with a wrist injury that we didn't know he sustained earlier this week. Carlos Dunlap and Andrew Whitworth, recovering from a concussion and knee surgery respectively, joined Eifert on the sidelines, along with Adam Jones and James Harrison; both of whom missed a significant amount of practice this week.
More from Cincy Jungle:
- Bengals vs. Cowboys Final Score: Bengals drop first preseason game to Dallas, 24-18
- Who-Dey Weekly LIVE - Postgame vs Dallas
- Bengals offense bounce back with a field goal to open the second half
- Andre Smith's return questionable after sustaining knee injury
- Bengals defense bails out offense after Dalton pick