Reddit searched their NFL threads and created a word cloud for the most used words about each team in the NFL. For those of you who may not know what a word cloud is the definition is:
A visual representation for text data, typically used to depict keyword metadata on websites, or to visualize free form text. Tags are usually single words, and the importance of each tag is shown with font size or color.
So for the Bengals, they pulled together the most used words in their r/CinBengals thread. They broke the clouds down three ways. The 100 most used words, the 200 most used words and the 300 most used words.
My first reaction was that there was a lot of foul language used when discussing the Bengals. Then I think back and realize that most of it was probably warranted. My second thought (and was no surprise) was that Dalton was mentioned an awful lot. My last thought was that defense and playoffs were used about the same amount of time.
Some other interesting thoughts are:
- Two variations of the F-Bomb make the top 100 and seem to be used a lot.
- Burfict made the top 100, but was relatively small compared to other words.
- Johnson and Collins are not mentioned in the top 100. If these were updated now I am sure they would be rather prevalent.
- Bengals fans talked about the Browns and Steelers more than the Ravens even though the Ravens were in the division hunt the longest.
- Dude makes the list of top 100 words. Why?
- Sanu makes the top 100.
- Geno is in the top 100.
- Some random top 100 words = 3rd, Hard, Try, Mean, Bit, Luck and Bowl.
Accurate? It would be interesting to compare these side by side at the conclusion of every season. Every teams cloud included curse words, but some have "draft" as the focus word. I can imagine that based on a teams production you could pull the fan favorite and most hated players from here. Also make a decent prediction on how the team performed.
If you could only use one word to describe the 2013 season, what would it be?