1. Since Marvin Lewis came back from home during the contract talks in January, 2011, the Bengals front office, whatever the power structure is, has done the best job in the NFL of constructing a roster.
2. As of Memorial Day, this is the best Bengals team ever assembled. Based on demonstrated individual performance, and the team potential that performance implies, this team has an excellent chance of winning the Super Bowl.
3. For the past four years (at least), the Bengals offense (not just Dalton) has under performed in big stage games. This "Stage Fright" is basically a coaching problem that has complicated making the playoffs, and prevented them from winning a playoff game.
4. "Stage Fright" is an attitude problem and must be fixed in the next 3 months. While Marvin Lewis must be part of the solution, the main burden will fall on Hue Jackson. Verbal challenges to Green and Dalton indicate this year’s attempt is getting underway.
5. Preseason games may give hints, but we should have some strong indication of the answer by 4:30 on September 9 in Baltimore.
6. If Hue Jackson can fix this problem, he won’t be here long.