GAME: Cincinnati Bengals vs. New Orleans Saints
WHEN: Sunday, November 19th, 1 P.M.
LOCATION: Superdome in New Orleans
BROADCAST: CBS with Dick Enberg and Randy Cross. Sirius: 123 (Cincinnati), 158 (New Orleans)
- Through the first 57 games, the Cincinnati Bengals are 31-26 with Marvin Lewis as the head coach. The 57 games before that, the Bengals were 15-42.
- In seven straight games, Carson Palmer has a passer rating of 94.0 or better with a career 7-2 record. He has 19 career touchdowns against the NFC.
- When Rudi Johnson carries the ball 20 times or more against the NFC, the Bengals are 4-0.
- In five career starts, on the road against the NFC, Rudi Johnson has five touchdowns.
- The Bengals are 7-4 when Chris Perry has three receptions or more in a game.
- Chad Johnson's 260-yard receiving was a club record crushing Eddie Brown's 218 yards receiving in 1988.
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chad Johnson are 3rd and 4th among AFC WRs in yards per game.
- Chad has at least 70 yards receiving in seven of his past eight games against NFC teams.
- Landon Johnson (68) and Justin Smith (64) lead the team in tackles. The last defensive lineman to lead the team in tackles was Tim Krumrie in 1992.
New Orleans Saints
- In his past 34 starts, Drew Brees is 23-11.
- This season, Brees (95.8) is on track to become the first Saint to have a 90 passer rating in a single season... ever.
- Brees is going for his fourth straight 300-yard game.
- In his last (and only) start against Cincinnati, Drew Brees completed 15 of 19 passes for 160 yards and two touchdowns.
- Running back Deuce McAllister (41) scored two touchdowns last week passing Dalton Hilliard (39) for most in team history.
- Wide receiver stud, Marques Colston leads the NFL with 869 yards receiving -- most by a rookie in his first nine games. Ever. Colston is also the first rookie in NFL history with back-to-back 10+ catch games.
- Other rookie, Reggie Bush, leads all running backs with 53 receptions.
- Defensive end, Will Smith has at least one sack in five of his past seven games against the AFC.
- Defensive end, Charles Grant had two sacks and one forced fumble in his only meeting against the Bengals. Defensive tackle Hollis Thomas has one sack, one forced fumble and one fumble recover in his last game against Cincinnati.
|Points Scored||24.0 (7th)||25.4 (6th)|
|Passing||239.0 (8th)||283.0 (1st)|
|Rushing||98.8 (23rd)||155.7 (2nd)|
|Total Offense (yards)||337.8 (12th)||378.8 (3rd)|
|Points Scored||24.1 (t-25th)||21.9 (t-19th)|
|Passing||226.7 (28th)||189.0 (7th)|
|Rushing||126.8 (23rd)||126.7 (22nd)|
|Total Defense (yards)||353.4 (28th)||315.7 (15th)|