GAME: Pittsburgh Steelers (7-8) @ Cincinnati Bengals (8-7)
WHEN: Sunday, December 31st, 2006 at 1 p.m.
BROADCAST: CBS with Ian Eagle and Soloman Wilcots. Sirius: 146 (Cincinnati), 110 (Pittsburgh)
SB NATION: Behind the Steel Curtain
Pittsburgh owns the all-time series record 42-30 -- including wins in three of the past five games.
- In his past two games against the Steelers, Carson Palmer has thrown for seven touchdowns.
- With three touchdown passes, Carson Palmer will only become the third player to throw for 10+ touchdowns in any three-game span against the Steelers. (Brian Sipe, Cleveland, 12 TDs, '79-80 and 10 TDs, '78-79 and Jim Kelly, Buffalo, 10 TDs, '88-92)
- With 216 yards passing, Palmer will become the first Bengal to reach 4,000 yards passing.
- Rudi Johnson has 13 rushing touchdowns in his past 13 games against AFC North teams -- team is 11-2 in those games. Johnson has 12+ touchdowns in three consecutive seasons.
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh's last two games against Pittsburgh: 14 receptions, 182 yards receiving and four touchdowns.
- Chad Johnson leads the NFL with 1,316 yards receiving.
- Bengals defense has allowed less than 17 points in four of their past six games.
- With 1.5 sacks, Robert Geathers will be the first Bengal with 12 sacks in a single-season since Eddie Edwards (13.0, '83)
- Head coach Bill Cowher has more wins (20-9) against the Bengals than any other opponent.
- Ben Roethlisberger (3,233) needs 182 yards passing to surpass Tommy Maddox (3,414) for second most single-season passing yards in team history -- Terry Bradshaw, 2,724, 1978.
- Willie Parker is averaging 111.7 yards rushing in three career starts against the Bengals.
- With two rushing touchdowns, Willie Parker (14) would surpass Louis Lipps (15, 1985) for most touchdowns in a season by a Steeler.
- With 46 yards receiving, Hines Ward will become the second player in team history with 8,000 yards receiving and 58 touchdown receptions.
- Defense (39) needs one sack to reach 40 for the fifth time in six seasons.
- In his past two games, Clark Haggans has 3.0 sacks and a forced fumble.
|Points Scored||23.7 (7th)||22.0 (11th)|
|Passing||238.8 (5th)||230.5 (9th)|
|Rushing||105.7 (22nd)||119.0 (14th)|
|Total Offense (yards gained)||344.5 (8th)||349.5 (7th)|
|Points Scored||20.5 (16th)||19.9 (14th)|
|Passing||236.2 (31st)||209.5 (18th)|
|Rushing||110.4 (12th)||91.2 (4th)|
|Total Offense (yards gained)||346.6 (28th)||300.7 (10th)|