A few notes from Geoff Hobson's latest novel.
- Anthony Wright worked well with Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Combined, both starting wide receivers caught 18 passes for 249 yards. All indications are that Wright will be the number two QB starting the first two pre-season games and possibly the first regular season game.
- Keiwan Ratliff had a great game. Head coach Marvin Lewis says Rashad Bauman is having the best camp among cornerbacks. Chuck Bresnahan says that Johnathon Joseph is "doing a great job".
- David Pollack suffered a hamstring injury in Friday's intra-squad game and is day-to-day. At worst, he could miss three weeks.
- Kyle Larson is looking great. Perhaps being the only punter -- not having someone else breathing down his neck -- is making him more comfortable.
- Eric Henderson had two sacks against the first team offensive line.
- Madieu Williams seems fully recovered.
- Bennie Brazell suffered a cramp Friday night; nothing serious.