The 40 Super Bowl winners have a 33-6-1 record in kickoff weekend games of their title seasons.
Clubs with the best record on Kickoff Weekend
Jacksonville (8-3, .727)
Dallas (31-14-1, .689)
Denver (29-16-1, .644)
NY Giants (40-30-5, .605)
Chicago (48-33-5, .593)
Clubs with the longest winning streaks, all-time, on Kickoff Weekend
Dallas (17 seasons, '65-'81)
Miami (11 seasons, '92-'02)
Detroit (10 seasons, '30-'39)
Chicago (9 seasons, '84-'92)
Baltimore Colts (8 seasons, '55-'62)
- Favre has thrown 51 touchdowns against the Chicago Bears -- third all-time. The record for most touchdowns thrown against one team is Dan Marino; 72 against the New York Jets. Second place? Yep, Dan Marino with 54 against Indianapolis.
- If Larry Johnson rushes for 100 yards Sunday, that will make 10 straight games with 100 yards rushing or more -- third all-time. The record is the great Barry Sanders rushing for 100 yards in 14 straight games.
- Tiki Barber and LaDainian Tomlinson have each rushed for 200 yards four times. O.J. Simpson holds the record for most 200-yard rushing games with six. Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, and Barry Sanders have four 200-yard games.
- The NFL is using a new/old football this year called "The Duke" -- ball used by the league from 1941-69. Roger Goodell's signature will be on the new footballs.
- 2006 will be the 100th anniversary of the legalization of the forward pass.
- There are 7 rookie head coaches this season: Brad Childress (Minnesota), Rod Marinelli (Detroit), Mike McCarthy (Green Bay), Gary Kubiak (Houston), Scott Linehan (St. Louis), Eric Mangini (N.Y. Jets), Sean Payton (New Orleans)
- There are 3 old head coaches starting new tenures: Herm Edwards (Kansas City), Dick Jauron (Buffalo), and Art Shell (Oakland).
- Don't forget about the new "flexible" schedule this season. Weeks 10-15 and 17 the games will be determined 12 days before the game (six days in week 17) to ensure quality match-ups.