Series Leader: Bengals, 5-3
Streak: Bengals won three of past eight.
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 0-1. Whisenhunt: 0-0
Broadcast: FOX (1:00 PM ET): Sam Rosen, Tim Ryan. SIRIUS: 123 (Arz.), 129 (Cin.). Direct TV: 705 -- no HD.
SB Nation: Revenge of the Birds
- When Carson Palmer records three touchdowns or more, the Bengals are 11-2. When playing at home against NFC teams, Carson Palmer's record is 4-1 having completed 117 of 181 passes for 1,292 yards, 11 touchdowns and two picks -- 101.3 passer rating.
- The Bengals are 15-4 when Rudi Johnson has 100+ yards rushing.
- For the season, Kenny Watson is averaging 4.4 yards per carry -- 436 yards, 98 attempts.
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh leads the league with 68 receptions having scored in eight of the team's nine games this season -- 10 total.
- In his past two games against NFC teams, Chad Johnson has 328 yards receiving (164.0 yards per). Johnson ranks 3rd with 852 yards receiving in the AFC.
- Shayne Graham ranks third in the AFC with 77 total points.
- In Kurt Warner's only start against the Bengals, he posted a perfect 158.3 passer rating completing 17 of 21 passes for 310 yards passing with three touchdowns. In 31 career starts, Warner has a passer rating of 100+ or better -- his teams are 28-3.
- Edgerrin James has five rushing touchdowns in three games against Cincinnati.
- Anquan Boldin caught a 7-yard pass in only meeting with Cincinnati. In the past two games against AFC teams, Boldin has 18 receptions for 293 yards and two touchdowns.
- Larry Fitzgerald tied a career-high with two touchdown receptions last week.
- The Cardinals defense held the Detroit Lions to -18 rushing yards -- lowest in modern era and lowest since 1947.
- Since entering the NFL in 2001, safety Adrian Wilson is the only player with 16 sacks and 16 interceptions.
- Bertrand Berry had two sacks in his last game against Cincinnati while he was with Denver -- Sept. 7, 2003.
|Total||350.1 (8th)||319.2 (18th)|
|Passing||263.8 (5th)||228.3 (12th)|
|Rushing||86.3 (28th)||90.9 (25th)|
|Scoring||24.3 (9th)||20.9 (14th)|
|Total||383.2 (31st)||302.6 (9th)|
|Passing||248.2 (28th)||202.2 (10th)|
|Rushing||135.0 (27th)||100.3 (12th)|
|Scoring||27.9 (30th)||21.7 (t-22nd)|
|Kickoff Return||23.7 (15th)||23.0 (19th)|
|Punt Return||5.7 (31st)||11.4 (7th)|
No Fantastic Four?
The Bengals have played the Cardinals only once in the past seven years -- a 14-17 loss in Arizona. In that game the Cardinals defense held the Bengals offense to 263 total yards picking off Kitna twice. Marcel Shipp recorded 141 rushing yards on 29 carries.
A note on the last game in Cincinnati. The last time the Cardinals played in Cincinnati was December 3rd, 2000. Corey Dillon ran for 216 yards scoring a touchdown as the team built an early 21-0 lead.
Interesting note. The home team is undefeated in this series' history.
|November 2, 2003||L, 14-17||Arizona|
|December 3, 2000||W, 24-13||Cincinnati|
|August 31, 1997||W, 24-21||Cincinnati|
|December 18, 1994||L, 7-28||Arizona|
|September 4, 1988||W, 21-14||Cincinnati|
|September 15, 1985||L, 27-41||St. Louis|
|November 25, 1979||W, 34-28||Cincinnati|
|November 25, 1973||W, 42-24||Cincinnati|