Game: Cincinnati Bengals (5-8) @ San Francisco 49ers (3-10)
Series Leader: 49ers lead, 7-3
Streak: Bengals, last two.
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 1-0. Nolan: 0-0.
Broadcast: NFL Network (5:00 PM PT): Bryant Gumbel, Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk. SIRIUS: 126
(Cin.), 123 (SF). If you live in Cincinnati, the game will be on WLWT (Channel Five).
SB Nation: Niners Nation
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Mostly Sunny with a high of 58 and a low of 45 [Weather.com]
- Under head coach, Marvin Lewis, the Bengals are 13-6 against the NFC.
- When Carson Palmer throws for three touchdowns or more, the Bengals are 12-2.
- In 13 career games against the NFL, Palmer has a 9-4 record with 25 touchdowns against 15 picks (91.8 passer rating). He's completed 308 of 465 passes (66.2%) for 3,348 yards.
- When Rudi Johnson rushes for 100 yards or more, the Bengals are 15-4.
- DeDe Dorsey set a career-high 81 yards rushing last week on only four attempts.
- With 34 yards receiving this week, T.J. Houshmandzadeh will have 1,000 yards receiving for the second straight season.
- Chad Johnson is averaging 118.8 yards-per-game receiving in his last four games against NFC teams.
- Leon Hall is tied for the league lead with four interceptions as a rookie.
San Francisco 49ers
- The 49ers have won their past four games, at home, against Cincinnati. The 49ers beat Cincinnati in both Super Bowl (XVI, XXIII) meetings.
- Last week, third-string quarterback Shaun Hill threw his first career touchdown.
- After rushing for a team-record 1,695 yards, Frank Gore (781) is currently 219 yards short of becoming the fifth player to rush for 1,000 yards or more in back-to-back seasons.
- In his past six December games, Gore has 845 yards from scrimmage (140.8 per game) and three touchdowns.
- The 49ers are undefeated (3-0) when Gore carries the ball 20 times or more against AFC teams -- 395 rush yards (131.7 per game)
- Wide receiver Arnaz Battle has a reception in 33 straight games. Looks for his fourth straight game with a touchdown.
- In his only game against Cincinnati (as a Seahawk), Darrell Jackson had six receptions for 98 yards.
- Vernon Davis has five career touchdowns and averages 20 yards per touchdown reception.
- Last week, tight end Delanie Walker had a career-high six receptions and 66 yards receiving.
- Bryant Young leads the team with 6.5 sacks. The 49ers are 38-20 when Young has a sack.
- Cornerback Walt Harris has three interceptions in his past two games against Cincinnati and sims for his third straight game, against Cincinnati, with a pick.
|Total||353.2 (7th)||235.5 (32nd)|
|Passing||256.1 (5th)||150.0 (32nd)|
|Rushing||97.2 (t-21nd)||85.5 (29th)|
|Scoring||23.8 (7th)||13.2 (32nd)|
|Total||348.2 (26th)||341.1 (22nd)|
|Passing||231.7 (25th)||217.6 (t-16)|
|Rushing||116.5 (22nd)||123.5 (25th)|
|Scoring||25.1 (28th)||24.0 (23rd)|
|Interceptions||15 (t-10th)||10 (t-28th)|
|Fumble Recovery||14 (6th)||8 (t-21st)|
|Kickoff Return||23.6 (11th)||23.5 (12th)|
|Punt Return||5.3 (31st)||9.3 (14th)|
Against the 49ers
|10.20.96||San Francisco||L, 21-28|
|12.5.93||San Francisco||L, 8-21|
|11.4.84||San Francisco||L, 17-23|
|10.1.78||San Francisco||L, 12-28|
|9.29.74||San Francisco||W, 21-3|
How have the Fantastic Four fared against the 49ers?
Note: This is Palmer's first game against the 49ers and T.J. has no recorded stats. Kenny Watson has played twice against the 49ers (once with Cincinnati, once with Washington)
(Bengals against the top-five in game categories)
|Third Downs (% converted)|
|Time of Possession|
|Third Downs (% converted)|