In reality, I know I speak more about the Bengals recent arrest records. I mean, those are the breaks. However, I wanted to bring back some perspective -- mostly for my own sake. So here's a list of quality things about the Bengals -- on the field.
- Carson Palmer is one of the greatest quarterbacks in the league.
- Chad Johnson is a great entertainer... oh, and somewhat of a quality receiver. And can outrun a horse.
- Willie Anderson is coming off a season that earned four-straight Pro Bowls.
- 95% of all NFL players only wish to be a quality human being like Madieu Williams.
- Rudi Johnson is a madman breaking and owning all sorts of franchise running back records.
- We have Michael Myers -- the most durable murderer in cinematic history.
- T.J Houshmandzadeh has the best pony tail in the NFL. Oh, and he's a damn fine receiver. Some Bengals fans claim he's better than Chad.
- Bob Bratkowski is the most under-rated (and hated in Cincinnati) offensive coordinator in the league.
- The Bengals have cred -- OK, that was cheap.
- Tab Perry, if healthy, is one of the best kick returners in the league.
- Jeremi Johnson is well on his way to surpassing the likes of Lorenzo Neal as the best blocking full back in the NFL.
- The Bengals have two cornerbacks that could become the greatest duo of shutdown cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Odell Thurman is every bit as good as a linebacker as Shawn Merriman -- minus the sacks, of course.
- No team can recover from appendectomies like the Bengals.
More? Let's here them.