Figures. Antwan Odom suffers a "major injury" to his left ankle leaving the complex on crutches with ice strapped to his foot. Odom signed a five-year deal worth $29.5 million with $11.5 million in guarantees. Odom went in for tests, but no official report has been made.
A few notes during Monday Morning's practice accumulated by the area beat writers.
- Curnutte: "Chris Perry made another fine showing this morning as he continues his comeback from ankle and shin injuries that kept him out all of last season."
- Marcus Maxwell lined up opposite T.J. Houshmandzadeh during 11-on-11 drills with Johnson out.
- Jeremi Johnson was placed on the non-football injury list because of his weight.
- No progress on the Keith Rivers front. And Lewis is frustrated. Brandon Johnson filled in for the absent Rivers.
- Chad Johnson and DeDe Dorsey were both sidelined placed on active PUP.
- Palmer threw a pass over safety Marvin White to Jerome Simpson.
Monday update: Odom injured [Bengals.com]
DE Odom injures left ankle [Curnutte's Blog]
Odom hurt at morning workout [Ludwig Blog]