The following are the nominations for NFL players of the week.
FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week
- New Orleans’ DREW BREES completed 23 of 32 passes for 343 yards and three touchdowns in the Saints’ 24 – 20 win over AFC South rival Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Denver's JAY CUTLER completed 16 of 24 passes for 299 yards and threw for two touchdowns and no interceptions in the Broncos’ 41 - 14 win over the Oakland Raiders.
- Philadelphia’s DONOVAN MC NABB passed for 361 yards, scored three touchdowns and completed 21 of 33 passes in the Eagles’ 38 – 3 win over the St. Louis Rams.
FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week
- Chicago’s MATT FORTÉ rushed for 123 yards over 23 carries and scored one 50-yard touchdown in the Bears’ 29 – 13 win over the Indianapolis Colts.
- Pittsburgh’s WILLIE PARKER carried the ball 25 times for 138 yards and three touchdowns in the Steelers’ 38-17 win over the Houston Texans.
- Atlanta’s MICHAEL TURNER ran for 220 yards over 22 carries and scored two touchdowns in the Falcons 34 - 21 win over the Detroit Lions. Turner’s 220 yards broke the Falcons’ record for rushing yards in a single game.
- Atlanta’s JOHN ABRAHAM posted three sacks in the Falcons’ 34 – 21 win over the Detroit Lions. Abraham caused a total loss of 16 yards with his three sacks, the last of which forced a Lions’ punt to set up the Falcons’ final possession.
- Tennessee’s CORTLAND FINNEGAN posted five tackles and two interceptions in the Titans’ 17 – 10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Finnegan’s first interception off Jaguars QB David Garrard came at the Tennessee 14 to stop a Titans scoring drive.
- Carolina’s CHRIS GAMBLE made five tackles, recovered a fumble and ran it 31 yards for a third-quarter touchdown to give the Panthers the lead in their 26 – 24 win over the San Diego Chargers.
- Arizona’s TRAVIS LA BOY posted four tackles, two sacks and one forced fumble in the Cardinals’ 23 – 13 win over the San Francisco 49ers. With just under two minutes remaining, LaBoy sacked 49ers QB J.T. O'Sullivan, forced him to fumble and then recovered the ball to seal the Cardinals' win.
- Pittsburgh’s LA MARR WOODLEY batted down a pass, recorded one sack, recovered a fumble, registered two tackles, and made one interception in his first career start, a 38-17 win over the Houston Texans. Woodley’s interception set up a Steelers touchdown for a 21-0 lead with nine minutes remaining in the second quarter.
Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week
- Baltimore’s JOE FLACCO led the Ravens to a 17-10 win over the division rival Cincinnati Bengals. Flacco completed 15 of 29 passes, threw for 129 yards, had no turnovers and ran for a 38-yard third-quarter touchdown to secure the Ravens’ win.
- Chicago’s MATT FORTÉ rushed for 123 yards over 23 carries and scored one 50-yard touchdown in the Bears’ 29 – 13 win over the Indianapolis Colts. Forté also made three catches for 18 yards to contribute to the Bears’ total 319 yards.
- Tennessee’s CHRIS JOHNSON rushed for 93 yards and completed three receptions for 34 yards and one touchdown in the Titans’ 17 – 10 win over the AFC South rival Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Denver’s EDDIE ROYAL completed nine catches for 146 yards and one touchdown in the Broncos’ 41 - 14 win over the Oakland Raiders. Royal also rushed for nine yards, recovered a fumble and returned three kicks for 30 yards to help secure the Broncos’ win.
- Atlanta’s MATT RYAN recorded his first NFL touchdown and victory in the Falcons’ 34 – 21 win over the Detroit Lions. Ryan threw for 161 yards, directed the Falcons in gaining 474 total yards and became the first NFL quarterback in eight years to throw for a touchdown with his first pass.
All information contained in this post, are via NFL Media.