Game: Tennessee Titans (1-0) @ Cincinnati Bengals (0-1)
Series Leader: Titans, 38-31-1
Streak: Bengals, won two straight
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 2-1. Fisher: 12-6
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Don Criqui, Dan Fouts. SIRIUS: 144 (CIN) Direct TV: 704. Direct TV HD: 704
SB Nation: Music City Miracles
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: High of 75, 40% chance of rain and 7 MPH winds. [Weather.com]
Site: We plan on being here.
Last season, the Bengals beat the Titans (35-6) at Tennessee. Chad ________ (fill in name here), recorded 12 receptions for 103 yards receiving and three touchdowns. He won AFC Offensive Player of the Week. This was also the same game that made Boomer Esiason "annoyingly whine" about Johnson's celebration that cost the Bengals 15 yards.
Even though he's been in the league since 1995, Kerry Collins hasn't played against the Bengals. At least I can't find the numbers, or the games he actually played in.
- Carson Palmer has a 102.6 career passer rating, in three games, against the Tennessee Titans. Last year, he completed 84.2% of his passes in a 35-6 win over the Titans.
- In a 31-23 win at Tennessee on October 16, 2005, Chris Perry caught a career-high nine receptions and 45 yards receiving.
- With 100 yards receiving this Sunday, Chad Johnson will have recorded three straight games with 100 yards receiving or more against the Titans.
- In four of the past five games in September, T.J. Houshmandzadeh has at least one touchdown reception.
- Since 2003, the Bengals are 22-5 (.814) when the defense records two interceptions or more.
- Glenn Holt averaged 29.5 yards on kickoff return.
- Titans head coach, Jeff Fisher, is 7-2 when the Bengals host the Titans.
- When scoring 20 or more points since 2006, the Titans are 14-4 (.778)
- Kerry Collins (34,782) ranks third among active quarterbacks for most passing yards.
- Rookie running back Chris Johnson recorded 127 (93 rushing, 34 receiving) yards from the line of scrimmage -- including a seven-yard touchdown reception.
- When LenDale White records 90 rush yards or more, the Titans are 5-1 (.833).
- The last time the Bengals and Titans played, wide receiver Justin Gage had four receptions for 98 yards receiving and a touchdown.
- In his career, tight end Alge Crumpler averages 17.4 yards-per-catch (5 receptions, 87 yards) against the Bengals.
- Last week, tight end Bo Scaife recorded a team and career high in receiving yards (105) on six receptions.
- When the Titans defense records two or more interceptions, the Titans are 12-2 since 2006.
- Last week, the Titans defense recorded seven sacks; including Tony Brown and Albert Haynesworth (both defensive tackles) recording two each; for a total of four.
- If Cortland Finnegan records an interception, it will be the third straight game with a pick (which includes the post-season last year). He recorded two last week.