Game: Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) @ New York Giants (2-0)
Series Leader: Bengals, 5-2
Streak: Giants, two of the past three
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 1-0. Coughlin: 10-6
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf. SIRIUS: 91 (Cin.), 125 (NYG.). Direct TV: 706. Direct TV HD: 706
SB Nation: Big Blue View
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: High of 77, mostly sunny.
Site: We plan on being here.
- The Bengals are 29-4 with a positive turnover differential under Marvin Lewis.
- In 14 games against the NFC, Carson Palmer is 9-5 with 26 touchdowns and 15 interceptions (a 92.1 passer rating).
- Last Sunday, Chris Perry registered a career high 21 rush attempts and his first career rushing touchdown.
- In the past four games against NFC teams, Kenny Watson averages 5.1 yards per game.
- In his past four games against NFC teams, T.J. Houshmandzadeh is averaging 85.5 yards receiving per game and 8.25 receptions.
- In his last game against the New York Giants, Chad Johnson recorded two receiving touchdowns.
- In his past five games against NFC teams, Johnson is averaging 120.8 yards per game.
- Dhani Jones, Bengals leading tackler (20), spent four seasons with the Giants (2000-2003).
- Glenn Holt's 30-yards-per-return on kickoffs ranks fifth in the NFL.
NEW YORK GIANTS
- Including the playoffs, the Giants are on a six-game winning streak.
- If they beat the Bengals, the Giants will start the season 3-0 for the first time since 2000 (when the Giants finished 12-4, won the division and made it to the Super Bowl).
- In his last 20 starts, Eli Manning is 16-4; including four of the past five starts against AFC teams.
- Brandon Jacobs has 100 yards rushing in three of the past four games against the AFC -- Giants are 5-1 when he rushes for 100 yards or more.
- Plaxico Burress has three 100-yard games against the Bengals; his teams are 8-2 against Cincinnati. In his past eight games against AFC teams, Burress has 33 receptions for 702 yards receiving and nine touchdowns.
- In 11 games against the AFC, Amani Toomer has 74 receptions, 1,158 yards receiving and 13 touchdowns.
- With four yards, Toomer will be the first Giants receiver to record 9,000 career-yards receiving.
|Offense||184.5 (31st)||397.5 (4th)|
|Passing||105.5 (32nd)||220.5 (12th)|
|Rushing||79.0 (23rd)||177.0 (5th)|
|3rd Downs Convert.||19% (30th)||48% (7th)|
|TOP||25:36 (32nd)||33:42 (3rd)|
|1st Downs||9.5 (32nd)||23.0 (4th)|
|Defense||326.5 (21st)||205.0 (3rd)|
|Passing D||123.5 (3rd)||123.5 (5th)|
|Rushing D||203.0 (30th)||76.0 (5th)|
|Kickoff Returns||30.0 (3rd)||18.7 (24th)|
|Punt Returns||8.8 (19th)||12.1 (9th)|
Head-to-head history -- Homefield Advantage.
|December 26, 2004||Cincinnati||W, 23-22|
|October 26, 1997||New York||L, 27-29|
|December 11, 1994||New York||L, 20-27|
|December 1, 1991||Cincinnati||W, 27-24|
|October 13, 1985||Cincinnati||W, 35-30|
|November 27, 1977||Cincinnati||W, 30-13|
|December 3, 1972||Cincinnati||W, 13-10|
Game scheduled for October 17, 1982 was canceled due to the player's strike.
Of the active players, only the most recent (December 26, 2004) was played.