Game: Cleveland Browns (0-3) @ Cincinnati Bengals (0-3)
Series Leader: Bengals, 35-34
Streak: Bengals won seven of the past 10.
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 7-3. Crennel: 1-5
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon. SIRIUS: 125 (Cle.), 107 (Cin.). Direct TV: 704
SB Nation: Dawgs by Nature
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: High of 81, partly cloudy and no chance of rain. [Weather.com]
Site: We plan on being here.
- Bengals look for their fifth consecutive win at home against the Browns.
- In four career starts against the Browns at home, Carson Palmer is 4-0 completing 70 of 117 passes (59.8%) for 811 yards with eight touchdowns and eight interceptions (75.1 passer rating).
- Last season (9.19.07), Palmer threw for a career-high six touchdowns.
- Chris Perry looks to score a touchdown in his third consecutive game.
- Kenny Watson rushed for 130 yards in his last meeting against the Browns on 30 attempts scoring a touchdown.
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh has scored at least one touchdown in five straight games against the Browns.
- In his past two games against the Browns, Chad Johnson is averaging 125.3 yards receiving.
- The Bengals are 22-5 when the defense records two or more interceptions since 2003.
- Robert Geathers has 3.5 career sacks against the Browns (most against any NFL team).
- In his last meeting against the Browns, Chinedum Ndukwe recorded a career-high two interceptions.
- The Browns are 5-0 under Romeo Crennel when scoring 30 points or more.
- In his career, Derek Anderson has seven touchdowns and five interceptions against the Bengals.
- When Anderson records 100+ passer rating, the Browns are 4-0.
- Jamal Lewis, for his career, is averaging 119.3 yards rushing per game against the Bengals (154 yards per game in the past two meetings).
- When Lewis rushes 25 times or more, his teams are 22-3.
- Braylon Edwards looks to record his third consecutive game with eight receptions and two touchdowns -- averaging 99 yards receiving per game in the last two meetings.
- In his past two games against Cincinnati, Kellen Winslow has 13 receptions for 173 yards receiving.
- When Winslow records 100 yards or more receiving, the Browns are 3-0.
- Andra Davis has three career interceptions against the Bengals -- most against any NFL team.
- Joshua Cribbs looks to record 100 kickoff return yards against the Bengals for the fifth consecutive meeting.
Bengals win 34-17 in week #2 of 2006
It was second-and-12 as the Browns lined up in I-formation for their second play from scrimmage. David Pollack lined up four-five yards deep, between the right offensive guard and tackle. At the snap, the full back led to the left and Reuben Droughns followed. At the moment of impact, Pollack lowered his head and his neck pushed back into his body; he dropped like an anchor in the Ocean.
The Browns touchdown drives went plays of: 7, 3, 5, 8, 1 and 5.
In the history of the Bengals/Browns rivalry, the Bengals have outscored the Browns by 37 points (1,473 for, 1,436 again).
|Total||238.7 (30th)||194.0 (32nd)|
|Passing||152.0 (26th)||122.7 (31st)|
|Rushing||86.7 (25th)||71.3 (30th)|
|Scoring||13.3 (29th)||8.7 (32nd)|
|Total||353.0 (24th)||347.0 (23rd)|
|Passing||178.7 (12th)||202.0 (18th)|
|Rushing||174.3 (28th)||145.0 (25th)|
|Scoring||22.3 (t-20th)||22 (18th)|
|Sacks||1 (32nd)||3 (t-27th)|
|QB Rating||83.0 (14th)||89.4 (21st)|
|Interceptions||0 (t-32nd)||3 (t-12th)|
|Kickoff Return||24.9 (8th)||16.8 (32nd)|
|Punt Return||10.5 (12th)||10.1 (13th)|
|Punting (Net)||34.5 (28th)||39.9 (t-8th)|