Remember the Forbes piece that called Cincinnati one of the worst towns to be a sports fan? Chunky soup wants to prove differently.
Chunky soup is inviting NFL fans to log on to www.chunky.com and click on the helmet of their favorite team to help tackle hunger in their local community. The competition mirrors the NFL season, which includes weekly match-ups against the same opponents they face during the NFL season, playoffs, and the overall season champion. The winning team will take home 18,000 cans of soup for their local Feeding America Food Bank.
- Each week, NFL teams are featured in matchups that mirror the actual NFL schedule. (Teams with byes will be matched up against each other, with one team being designated as the home team by Campbells® Chunky™.)
- You pick one matchup a day and vote for the team you want to win Click for Cans™. (Your vote has no bearing on the outcome of actual NFL games.)
- Wins are based on the top vote-getting team in each weekly matchup. In the event of a tie, the win will be awarded to the team that is playing on its home field.
- When the game week ends (from Tuesday 12 AM, EST to Monday 11:59 PM, EST), votes are reset and teams are matched up against a new opponent.
- You only get one vote a day, so come back every day to help your team win.
- Each day after you vote, you can enter the Campbell's® Chunky™ 2009 Pro Bowl Sweepstakes* for a chance to win a trip for two to the 2009 NFL Pro Bowl in Hawaii. See Official Rules.
- The regular season will run for 17 weeks, beginning 9/2/08 and ending 12/28/08.
- At the end of the regular season, the top 4 teams with the most wins from the AFC and the top 4 teams from the NFC make it into our single-elimination playoffs where you can vote for an AFC or NFC champ! In the event that two or more teams have the same regular season win/loss record, the team with the highest total number of votes will make the playoffs or be considered a higher seed. Playoffs will begin in January and last for three weeks, with the championship game being played in the third week.
- If two teams tie during the playoffs, the higher-seeded team will earn the win. If a tie occurs during the championship game, the winner will be determined by the total number of votes they earned throughout the playoffs and regular season.
- Campbell's® Chunky™ soup and the NFL will donate 1,000 cans to each of the 32 teams. AFC and NFC champs get an additional 12,000 cans a piece. The overall champ gets 5,000 cans on top of that—for a total of 18,000 cans of soup for their local Feeding America food bank.
Rexx has big questions about the Ravens-Bengals.
The Bengals will leave for Baltimore on Friday night, trying avoid Tropical Storm Hanna as it crawls up the East Coast.
Keith Rivers will change his number to "55".
The Bearcats are a three touchdown underdog. ESPN thinks they'll just lose by two.