It's labor day! That means a lot of people don't have work. But we don't take days off at Cincy Jungle, the people must be informed. Here's what's made Bengal news around the net over the weekend:
- Joe Reedy has a bunch of odds concerning the Bengals for the 2009-2010 season. The Bengals are 60/1 favorites(?) to win the Super Bowl. Rey Maualuga is has 10/1 odds of winning the DRoY award.
- Jeff Schudel of the News-Herald has an AFC North synopsis/preview of sorts. He compares the AFC North to the AL East (kind of) and implies that Rey Maualuga will have legal issues this year. When will we shake this stigma?!
- The Star-Telegram's Charean Williams interviewed Marvin White. He points out that White was upended by new SS Roy Williams. So I guess we kind of traded White for Williams. Would you have made that deal 3 months ago?
- Fox Sports' Alex Marvez had a questions and answers section about the preseason. He answered the question "Who was the real star in Cincinnati this preseason?" What do you think?
- Roto World confirms that David Jones will miss week one against Denver. They think the Bengals will struggle in 3+ wideout sets, noting that we face Brandon Stokley and James Jones in Week 1 and Week 2, respectively.
- In case you missed it in yesterday's paper, Joe Reedy gave an excellent rundown of the Bengals roster, and answered five crucial questions that will dictate the Bengals' success this year. Included are projections for Andre Smith's impact on the team (Reedy says November) and Chad Ochocinco's bounceback year (Reedy says 1,400 yards, 90 catches, 9 TDs - wouldn't that be nice?)
- Geoff Hobson gives his roadmap to 10 victories at Bengals.com. How many games do you think the Bengals will win, if healthy, this year?
- NFL Outsider at MVN has predictions for Week 1. I like them, because they think Carson will rock Denver in a Bengals win, and think the Steelers will lose.