Roughly four years ago I was recruited into SB Nation to start up a blog about the Cincinnati Bengals. The site was designed to be a voice of the fans, by the fans, for the fans and a bunch of awesome things with fans. And so far, it's been an awesome ride; thanks to each and every one of you that put us in your daily web surfing routines.
Continue reading if you think you have what it takes to blog about the Cincinnati Bengals.
It's not easy though maintaining the site with up to date information, quality opinion and a central place to discuss topics related to our favorite team. You have to be available and ready to post at a moment's notice, or the competition will get you. And my goal has always been to bring Bengals fans from all over to create a massive community of strangers brought together with one common purpose.
Over time, I've brought in guys that helped maintain the blog, ranging from writers and bloggers to things being worked on in the background. Even so, as we keep growing, we have to stay above it, in front of it, to accommodate the expansion.
Yes, that means we're looking for people. We're looking for people to help. What are we looking for, you ask? We're looking for bloggers, people that will maintain the site and update it with information, breaking news and general points of interest. Mostly what I do on a daily basis. Here's what we're looking for:
- A strong sense for the English language.
- Somewhat knowledgeable of basic HTML tags.
- Always searching and monitoring websites for updated news.
- Able to post news, update previous news items, include a history of the item and apply it to the Bengals as they stand at that moment.
- Can dedicate certain times and days to covering the site (like Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9am until 4pm).
- A resume of previous blogging responsibilities.
- People that live in their grandmother's basement are preferred because they're always available, but not required.
If you're interested, send an email to me at JoshKirkendall [at] gmail [dot] com. In that email, give me your name, sites that you used to blog for, your screen name if you're a member of the site, times and days that you can cover the site. We're looking for the very best bloggers with an unhealthy obsession looking for Bengals news. You know, like family.
Do not apply if:
- You can't maintain a schedule that we will rely on you to maintain.
- All you want to do is talk about yourself.
- You're a naturally negative person.
- Have no idea what HTML means.
- If you left a comment in this post about your interest when I said email me because it will show us that you can't follow direction.
- Expect to get paid - hey, we don't get paid, why should you?
- You put the letter "N" in Cincinnati four times, or double up the "T".
Make sure you don't put a comment in this post about your interest, if you're interested. Likely we'll miss it and you'll let us know that you can't follow directions. Other than that, I'm an easy cat to work for.
We will be accepting applications until Friday March 19, 2010.
Note: we're not looking for feature writers that mostly provide their opinion. We'll be doing that later, so don't send in your resume if you're only interested in that.