Game: Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) at Carolina Panthers (0-2)
Series Leader: Panthers, 2-1
Streak: Bengals won the previous meeting
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 1-0. Fox: 1-1
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Bill Macatee, Rich Gannon. SIRIUS: 130 (Cin.), 113 (Car.). XM: 109 (Car.).
SB Nation: Cat Scratch Reader
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Scattered thunderstorms (50%) with a high of 82 degrees [Weather.com]
- Under Marvin Lewis, the Bengals are 17-10-1 against the NFC, winning four of their past five games.
- In his only meeting against the Panthers, quarterback Carson Palmer has completed 23 of 39 passes for 240 yards and two touchdowns for a 94.0 passer rating.
- In his previous four NFC games, Palmer has completed 67 of 101 passes for 732 yards passing, 10 touchdowns and four interceptions for a 104.1 passer rating.
- In 25 career starts with the Bengals, Cedric Benson is averaging 83.3 yards rushing per game.
- Chad Ochocinco (63) needs one touchdown reception to surpass Carl Pickens for the franchise record.
- Terrell Owens has four 100-yard receiving games against the Panthers.
- Jordan Shipley is tied for second most receptions among rookies with 10 catches.
- Leon Hall recorded his 15th career interception last week against the Ravens.
- Adam Jones recorded his first interception since December 17, 2006 last week.
- Dating back to the start of the 2008 season, the Panthers are 13-4 at home, outscoring opponents 390-272.
- Quarterback Jimmy Clausen will make his first career start.
- Jonathan Stewart has averaged 99.3 yards/rushing and three touchdowns in the past four home games, including three 100-yard performances.
- DeAngelo Williams ranks second in the NFC with 2,748 yards rushing since the start of the 2008 season. Williams has rushed for at least 80 yards in seven of his past eight games against AFC teams, which includes 770 yards rushing and five touchdowns.
- Mike Goodson recorded 128 yards total last week (75 kickoff return, 33 receiving, 20 rushing).
- In two meetings against the Bengals, Steve Smith has 13 receptions for 270 yards receiving and a touchdown.
- Smith is looking to record a touchdown in his sixth straight game; has eight receiving touchdowns in his past nine games.
- Chris Gamble looks to record an interception for a third straight game against the AFC. Gamble ranks second in team history with 24 interceptions.
|Total||340.5 (10th)||257.5 (28th)|
|Scoring||19.5 (t-15th)||12.5 (28th)|
|Third Downs||33% (t-21st)||39% (14th)|
|Rushing||90.5 (21st)||104.0 (16th)|
|Rushing TDs||1 (t-14th)||0 (t-14th)|
|Passing||250.0 (8th)||153.5 (27th)|
|Passing TDs||2 (t-18th)||2 (t-18th)|
|Sacks Allowed||2 (t-4th)||8 (31st)|
|20-yard Passes||5 (t-17th)||5 (t-17th)|
|Total||317.5 (18th)||324.5 (22nd)|
|Scoring||24 (t-20th)||25.5 (t-23rd)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||46% (27th)||39% (16th)|
|Rushing||113.5 (18th)||106.5 (14th)|
|Rushing TDs||0 (t-1st)||1 (t-8th)|
|Passing||204.0 (15th)||218.0 (19th)|
|Passing TDs||4 (t-20th)||5 (t-31st)|
|Sacks||1 (t-30th)||1 (t-30th)|
|QB Rating||68.1 (11th)||91.6 (22nd)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||5 (t-10th)||8 (t-25th)|
|Interceptions||4 (t-1st)||3 (t-7th)|
|Kickoff Return||26.0 (5th)||22.0 (18th)|
|Punt Return||3.0 (29th)||7.7 (16th)|
|Punting (Net)||37.9 (t-15th)||36.7 (19th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||0 (t-29th)||2 (t-18th)|
2010 STATISTICAL INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS
|Attempts / Game||19.0||9th|
CAREER AGAINST THE PANTHERS
Note: This is Cedric Benson's first meeting against the Panthers.