Good morning everyone! I hope you had a nice relaxing weekend full of whatever shenanigans you decide to participate in. Hopefully everyone's work week starts off on the right foot, but it's Monday. Enough said.
Alright so the following is based on a true experience of mine. The other week I went to the gym and instead of doing the usual cardio work I decided to seek help from a trainer. I approached this buff-looking guy named Tony who works at the gym and told him I was looking to get into better shape, but with the help from a trainer. He led me to his office where were going to discuss some available options that would fit my budget and schedule. During our conversation he asked me what I was looking for and with a straight face I told him that I wanted a body like Bengals offensive lineman Andre Smith. He responded with a laugh and pointed out the door towards Chipotle and McDonald's. And with that I got up and walked towards Chipotle for some lunch.
If I get into the kind of shape Andre Smith is in, then maybe I'll call up Mike Brown to see if he'll pay me the big bucks to warm up the bench. I think it's worth a shot.
Okay, just so you know I DO NOT actually want to have a body like Andre Smith. I told the trainer that just to see what his reaction was going to be.
Alright now that I have shared that story it's time to catch you up on what went on over the weekend. Here's everything that you may have missed or overlooked from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- People are wondering why Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler attempted to contact Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco. Maybe Cutler is trying to recruit Ochocinco to come to Chicago if he is released or traded.
- According to a recent post by Football Outsiders, the Bengals broken tackle rate was merely average. Nothing spectacular. but nothing to be ashamed of at the same time.
- Where Leon Hall place's among the top cornerbacks in the league. Hopefully next season will be better than last season for Hall and the Bengals.
- Brandon Johnson comments that he is enjoying the time off caused by the lockout.
- Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley offered his two cents on the Carson Palmer situation.
- Polls discussing who was the best Bengals player of all-time to wear number 31, 32, 36.
- The best Bengals player of all-time to wear numbers 21-30.
- Washington Redskins tight end Chris Cooley decided to play a prank on Carson Palmer.
- Linebacker Rey Maualuga said in a recent interview that the Bengals will be ready when football starts again.
- Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis reiterared the fact that rookie quarterback Andy Dalton could start the first game of the regular season.
- Marvin Lewis also PRAISED Chad Ochocinco for the first time in a long time. The only thing I have to say about that is, "Wow."
- Lewis also reiterated that there is a plan in place for life after Carson Palmer.
- Lewis also stated that he is getting to start from scratch which is something that not many people get to do.
- There is more evidence that the Bengals pass protection was decent.
- As of Tuesday the Bengals are going to start selling two-game ticket packs.
- Bengals cornerback Adam Jones believes former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor "shouldn't be thrown up" under the bus for what he's done.