The NFL's Supplemental Draft, which was originally scheduled to be held yesterday, has been rescheduled for Monday August 22 for 1 p.m. ET, and the following six players will be available for teams to choose from:
- Torez Jones, defensive back, Western Carolina
- Caleb King, running back, Georgia
- Keenan Mace, defensive end, Lindenwood
- Mike McAdoo, defensive end, North Carolina
- Tracy Wilson, defensive back, Northern Illinois
- Terrelle Pryor, quarterback, Ohio State
As you see above, NFL Commissioner has decided to allow Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor into the NFL via the Supplimental Draft. However, because of the rules that Pryor broke while at OSU, including actions that "undermine the integrity of the eligibility rules for the NFL Draft," Goodell has decided to suspend the former Buckeye quarterback before he even enters the league. He will be allowed to participate in all team activities during the preseason but once the season begins, Pryor will be suspended from all practices and games through the first five games of the NFL regular season.
The Bengals have only used the Supplemental Draft once and that was in 2006 when the Bengals selected linebacker Ahmad Brooks in the third round.