Game: Cleveland Browns (0-1) at Cincinnati Bengals (0-1)
Time: 1 PM (ET)
Location: Paul Brown Stadium
Series Leader: Bengals 41-36
Streak: Bengals have won 12 of the past 15 meetings
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 13-5. Shurmur: 0-2
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Bill Macatee, Steve Tasker. SIRIUS: 106 (Cle.), 93 (Cin.). XM: 226 (Cin.).
SB Nation: Dawgs by Nature | SB Nation Game Coverage
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Partly cloudy, 10 percent change of rain, 71 degrees [Weather Underground]
- Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis has the most regular season wins (69) as a head coach in franchise history.
- Club is aiming to record their fourth straight win against the Cleveland Browns.
- In two career meetings against the Browns, quarterback Andy Dalton has completed 31 of 46 passes (67.4 percent) for 351 yards passing with two touchdowns and a passer rating of 104.5.
- Running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis posted 91 yards rushing on 18 careers and a rushing touchdown in his Bengals debut. Since 2010, Green-Ellis has 25 rushing touchdowns, third in the NFL behind Arian Foster (28) and Adrian Peterson (26).
- Wide receiver A.J. Green has four receptions for 151 yards receiving with a touchdown in two meetings against the Browns.
- Andrew Hawkins posted a career-high eight receptions and 86 yards receiving against the Ravens last week (two nights ago really).
- Tight end Jermaine Gresham looks to score a touchdown in his third straight game against the Cleveland Browns.
- Defensive tackle Geno Atkins registered a career-high two quarterback sacks against the Ravens last week.
- Atkins has two sacks in his past three games against the Browns.
- Safety Reggie Nelson posted an interception in his previous game against the Browns. Nelson also led the Bengals defense with eight tackles last week.
- Cornerback Leon Hall has five interceptions against the Browns, most against any team.
- Quarterback Brandon Weeden (No. 22 overall) became the first Browns rookie quarterback to start the season opener during the Super Bowl era.
- Browns are the third team since 1970 to start a rookie quarterback (Weeden), running back (Trent Richardson), and wide receiver (Josh Gordon) in a season opener.
- Wide receiver Greg Little posted five receptions for 57 yards receiving and a touchdown in his last game against the Bengals.
- During his career wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi is averaging 18.1 yards/reception against the Bengals (14 receptions, 253 yards receiving).
- In two games at Cincinnati (with the Browns), tight end Benjamin Watson has nine receptions for 106 yards receiving.
- Browns tied an NFL-best with five takeaway last weekend against the Philadelphia Eagles (four interceptions, fumble recovery).
- Center Alex Mack looks to post his 50th consecutive start since entering the NFL in 2009.
- Linebacker D'Qwell Jackson had a 27-yard interception return for a touchdown last week. Last year against the Bengals on September 11, Jackson posted a career-best two quarterbacks sacks.
- Defensive end Jabaal Sheard had one quarterback sack and forced fumble in previous game against the Bengals.
- Linebackers L.J. Fort and Craig Robertson registered their first career interceptions last week.
- Safety T.J. Ward posted a team-high eight tackles and a quarterback sack in week one.
|Total||322.0 (20th)||210.0 (32nd)|
|Scoring||13 (t-29th)||16 (t-25th)|
|Third Downs||27% (t-24th)||15% (32nd)|
|Rushing||129.0 (9th)||99.0 (16th)|
|Rushing TDs||1 (t-8th)||0 (t-18th)|
|20-Yard Runs||0 (t-10th)||2 (t-1st)|
|Passing||193.0 (26th)||111.0 (32nd)|
|Passing TDs||0 (t-29th)||0 (t-29th)|
|Sacks Allowed||4 (t-30th)||2 (t-9th)|
|20-yard Passes||1 (t-27th)||2 (t-21st)|
|Total||430.0 (29th)||456.0 (31st)|
|Scoring||44.0 (31st)||17.0 (t-6th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||33% (t-12th)||42% (22nd)|
|Rushing||122.0 (22nd)||150.0 (27th)|
|Rushing TDs||2 (t-26th)||0 (t-1st)|
|20-Yard Runs||0 (t-1st)||1 (t-24th)|
|Passing||308.0 (28th)||206.0 (27th)|
|Passing TDs||2 (t-18th)||2 (t-18th)|
|Sacks||3 (t-4th)||2 (t-14th)|
|QB Rating||125.7 (28th)||51.0 (3rd)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||6 (t-26th)||3 (t-10th)|
|Interceptions||0 (t-19th)||4 (t-1st)|
|Kickoff Return||21.3 (t-20th)||24.5 (t-10th)|
|Punt Return||9.5 (16th)||13.0 (10th)|
|Punting (Net)||41.3 (12th)||40.3 (13th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||1 (t-13th)||3 (t-2nd)|
CAREER AGAINST THE BROWNS