The second to last episode -- or what we in the industry call the penultimate episode -- of Hard Knocks is set to air Tuesday night at 10 p.m. (HBO). Along with the continuing storylines that have been ongoing since the first episode nearly four weeks ago, some of the storylines include:
- James Harrison's arm wrestling competition
- A.J. Green's return to action
- The brotherhood of the defensive line
- Practice at Springboro high school
- Film and sound from the team's preseason loss against the Dallas Cowboys
- It also looks like Taylor Mays and Rey Maualuga head to the Cincinnati Zoo
The episode premiere's at 10 p.m. (ET) Tuesday night. Replay dates are Aug. 28 (6 p.m., 11 p.m.), Aug. 29 (3:30 p.m., 1:35 a.m.), Aug. 30 (8:00 p.m., 1:00 a.m.), Aug. 31 (10:45 a.m., 11:15 p.m.), Sept. 1 (8:00 a.m.) and Sept. 2 (11:40 p.m.). HBO2 will replay the episode on Sept 2 (7:30 p.m.) and Sept. 26 (7:00 p.m.).
A 30-person NFL Films crew is shooting up to 1,500 hours of video over the course of the series. Camera and sound crews are given unrestricted access to the players’ and coaches’ meeting rooms, training facilities, living quarters and practice fields.
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #HardKnocks and follow @HBO and @Bengals for updates. For more Hard Knocks video and coverage, go to HBO.com/HardKnocks.