Game: Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos
Time: 6:25 p.m. (ET)
Location: MetLife Stadium
Series Leader: Broncos, 34-18
Streak: Broncos have won 12 of the past 15
Coaches vs. Opponent: Carroll: 2-3. Fox: 1-3.
TV Broadcast: FOX (6:25 PM ET): Troy Aikman, Joe Buck, Erin Andrews & Pam Oliver (Field reporters).
International Broadcasters: A full list of international broadcasters
Radio Broadcast: Westwood One (Stations): Kevin Harlan, Boomer Esiason, James Lofton & Mark Malone (Field reporters).
Seattle SB Nation: Field Gulls
Denver SB Nation: Mile High Report
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: 42 degrees, mostly cloudy, chance of rain [Weather Underground]
Online Streaming: Foxsportsgo.com
Odds: Broncos are 2.5-point favorites (Odds here)
Current Ticket Prices: (Ticketmaster.com)
Officials: Terry McAulay and his crew
Halftime show performance: Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers
National anthem: Renee Fleming
- Advanced to 2nd Super Bowl in franchise history (2005). Seek 1st Super Bowl win. Earned NFC’s No. 1 seed for 2nd time (2005) since current 12-team format started in 1990
- Head coach PETE CARROLL is 4-2 in postseason with Seattle
- Seahawks had 6 players selected to Pro Bowl: S KAM CHANCELLOR (2nd), RB MARSHAWN LYNCH (4th), CB RICHARD SHERMAN (1st), S EARL THOMAS (3rd), C MAX UNGER (2nd) & QB RUSSELL WILSON (2nd)
- QB Wilson has 27 wins in 1st 2 seasons (incl. playoffs), tied for most (BEN ROETHLISBERGER) in Super Bowl era. Can become 4th QB to win Super Bowl in 1st 2 seasons, joining KURT WARNER, TOM BRADY, & Roethlisberger. Is 1 of 3 QBs in NFL history with 50+ pass TDs (52) in 1st 2 regular seasons. Had 101.2 passer rating & is only QB in NFL history to have 100+ rating in both rookie & 2nd season. In postseason career, has 3-1 record with 96.9 rating
- RB Lynch rushed for 1,257 yards & 12 TDs, his 3rd consecutive season with 1,200+ yards & 10+ TDs. Is only NFL player to rush for 1,000+ yards & 10+ TDs in each of past 3 seasons. Is 2013 postseason leader with 249 rush yards & 2 100-yard rush games. In 6 career playoff games, has 6 rush TDs & 4 100-yard games. Has 5 rush TDs in past 4 playoff games & aims for 5th in row with TD. Has 560 rush yards in postseason career & needs 5 to pass SHAUN ALEXANDER (564) for most in franchise history. Since Nov. 2011 (incl. playoffs), leads NFL with 4,215 rush yards & 37 rush TDs
- WR-PR GOLDEN TATE led team with career-high 64 catches & 898 yards. Was only player with 800+ rec. (898) & 500+ PR (585) yards.
- WR DOUG BALDWIN was 2nd on team with 778 rec. yards. Leads team in catches (8) & rec. yards (136) in postseason. In NFC Champ., had 6 catches for 106 yards & 69-yard KR. Is only player in Super Bowl era with 100+ rec. yards & 50+ yard KR in same playoff game.
- Tate, Baldwin & TE ZACH MILLER all tied for team lead with 5 rec. TDs.
- WR JERMAINE KEARSE had 35-yard TD catch in NFC Champ…Seahawks led NFL with 39 takeaways, 28 INTs & +20 turnover differential. Seattle was 1st in NFL in points allowed (231), total defense (273.6) & pass defense (172)
- CB Sherman led NFL with 8 INTs, 1st Seahawk to lead NFL in INTs since 1993 (EUGENE ROBINSON). Has 4 INTs in past 5. Since entering NFL in 2011, Sherman leads NFL with 20 INTs. Tipped pass that was intercepted by LB MALCOLM SMITH for game-sealing INT in NFC Champ.
- S Thomas was 1 of 2 in NFL with 100+ tackles (100), 5+ INTs (5) & 2+ FFs (2). Thomas is only S in past decade to record 100+ tackles, 5+ INTs & 2+ FFs in single season.
- S Chancellor had 93 tackles, his 3rd consecutive seasons with 90+ tackles. Has 25 tackles in postseason, most on team & most in NFL by DB. Had 11 tackles & INT in NFC Champ. Has 4 PD, tied for most in NFL playoffs.
- LB BOBBY WAGNER led team with 119 tackles. Is 2nd on team with 24 postseason tackles.
- DE MICHAEL BENNETT has 2 FFs, 2 FRs & 1.5 sacks in 2013 postseason.
- DE CLIFF AVRIL has 2 FFs & 1.5 sacks in playoffs. Bennett & Avril each had sack & FF in NFC Champ. Bennett also had FR. Since 2011 (incl. playoffs), Avril is only player in NFL with 30+ sacks (30.5) & 15+ FF (15)
- K STEVEN HAUSCHKA made 33 of 35 FGs in regular season & led NFC with franchise-record 143 points. Has converted all 6 attempts in postseason. Hauschka’s 6 FGs & 22 kicking points are both 2nd most in playoffs.
- Advanced to 7th SB, tied for 3rd-most in NFL history (DAL, 8; PIT, 8; NE, 7). Seek 3rd SB victory. Den. has won past 2 SB appearances (XXXII, XXXIII). Have 20-17 (.541) postseason record. Earned AFC’s No. 1 seed for 2nd consecutive year & 7th time in franchise history. Won AFC West for 13th time & 1st time in 3 straight seasons
- JOHN FOX is 6th head coach in NFL history to lead 2 different franchises to SB
- Den. (606) scored most points in season in NFL history
- QB PEYTON MANNING will start 3rd SB of career. Completed 56 of 83 passes (67.5 pct.) for 580 yards with 2 TDs vs. 2 INTs & 85.4 rating in previous 2 SB appearances. Manning (6,309) needs 116 pass yards to surpass TOM BRADY (6,424) for most postseason pass yards in NFL history. Has (36) 4th-most postseason TD passes all-time.
- In AFC Championship Game vs. NE, Manning joined DREW BREES (twice) & KURT WARNER as only QBs to pass for at least 400 yards with 2 TDs vs. 0 INTs in NFL postseason history. Manning is 4th QB in SB era to lead NFL in pass yards & TD passes & also advance to SB that season, joining HOFer DAN MARINO (1984), Warner (2001) & Brady (2007) as only QBs to accomplish feat.
- For career (reg. season only), Manning is 2-2 vs. Seahawks & has completed 83 of 122 passes (68 pct.) for 1,085 yards with 4 TDs vs. 2 INTs & 99.9 passer rating. Manning (5,477) set NFL’s single-season passing yards record & registered 55 TD passes, most in season in NFL history. Manning is 1st player to set both single-season passing yardage & TD records in same season since Dan Marino in 1984. With Broncos, Manning is 7-1 vs. NFC & has completed 221 of 306 passes (72.2 pct.) for 2,491 yards with 22 TDs vs. 8 INTs & 109.3 passer rating
- RB KNOWSHON MORENO (1,038) reached 1,000 rush yards for 1st time in career. Had career-best 13 TDs this season (10 rush, 3 receiving).
- Rookie RB MONTEE BALL has averaged 5.5 yards per carry in past 4 games (36 att., 199 yards)
- WR DEMARYIUS THOMAS has 4 TDs in 5 career postseason games. Had 7 catches for 134 yards (19.1 avg.) with TD in AFC Championship. Thomas is 1st Bronco to have 2 1,400-yard seasons. Set franchise postseason record with 204 receiving yards on 1/8/12 vs. Pit. Had 8 receptions for 97 yards & 21-yard TD catch in only career game vs. Sea. (9/9/10).
- WR WES WELKER has 79 receptions for 762 yards with 5 TDs in 11 career postseason games. Welker (79) needs 7 catches to surpass ANDRE REED (85) for 5th-most catches in NFL playoff history. Has 18 receptions for 163 yards in 2 SBs.
- WR ERIC DECKER had career-high in receptions (87) & receiving yards (1,288) in 2013. Decker & D. Thomas joined HOF CRIS CARTER & RANDY MOSS (Min., 1998-99) in 2013 as only WR duos in NFL history with at least 1,000 yards & 10 TDs each in consecutive seasons
- TE JULIUS THOMAS has 14 receptions for 161 yards in 2 career postseason games. Thomas (12) has most TD rec. by Broncos TE in season in franchise history.
- TE JACOB TAMME posted 1st career postseason TD last week. Den. became 1st team in NFL history to have 5 players score at least 10 TDs in same season (D. Thomas 14, Moreno 13, J. Thomas 12, Decker 11 & Welker 10)
- CB CHAMP BAILEY has 2 career postseason INTs, incl. 100-yard INT-TD return on 1/14/06 vs. NE (tied for 2nd-longest return in postseason history). Baily has 3 INTs in 5 career reg. season games vs. Sea.
- CB DOMINIQUE RODGERS-CROMARTIE played in SB XLIII with Cardinals
- LB DANNY TREVATHAN led team with career-high 125 tackles this season
- LB SHAUN PHILLIPS posted 2 sacks in Divisional Playoff vs. SD, most in postseason game in career. Phillips (10) reached double-digits sacks for 3rd time in career
- DT TERRANCE KNIGHTON had 4 tackles & sack in AFC Championship
- Club had 5 players selected to 2014 Pro Bowl (QB Manning, K MATT PRATER, WR D. Thomas, TE J. Thomas, G LOUIS VASQUEZ)