The NCAA Tournament field is set, and March Madness is here again. As people are frantically filling out their brackets to try and project this year's Final Four and eventual NCAA Champion, we're going to do our own tournament composed of current Bengals players.
Here's how it's going to work:
1. 20 players from the current roster will be seeded based on their overall ability and impact on the team.
2. We'll match the seeds on an S-curve in the same way the NCAA tournament does.
3. 16 teams will receive first-round byes.
4. 4 teams will have play-in games
5. The winner of each play-in game will then face the No. 1 and 2 overall seeds.
Now, for how the players will be seeded, Josh Kirkendall and I collaborated on who our 20 best would be. Here is how our final list of players came out:
1. A.J. Green
2. Geno Atkins
3. Vontaze Burfict
4. Leon Hall
5. Andrew Whitworth
6. Andre Smith
7. Carlos Dunlap
8. Giovani Bernard
9. Marvin Jones
10. Reggie Nelson
11. Andy Dalton
12. Adam Jones
13. Terence Newman
14. Kevin Zeitler
15. Mohamed Sanu
16. Jermaine Gresham
17. Tyler Eifert
18. Domata Peko
19. Clint Boling
20. George Iloka
Just missed the cut:
Kyle Huber, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Mike Pollak, Emmanuel Lamur
The next round order of business is the play-in games. That's where you guys come in. From here on out, you vote to decide who wins each matchup and advances deeper into the tournament.
Play-in Game 1: No. 20 George Iloka vs. No. 17 Tyler Eifert - Winner faces A.J. Green
Play-in Game 2: No. 19 Domata Peko vs. No. 18 Clint Boling - Winner faces Geno Atkins