Who: Pittsburgh Steelers at Philadelphia Eagles
What: NFL Preseason Week 3
When: Thursday, August 21st, 7:30 p.m.
Where: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
TV: NFL Network. To see what channel will be airing a local game, check 506Sports.com.
Radio: 94 WIP-FM 94.1 (Philadelphia), 94 WIP-AM 610 (Philadelphia).....Merrill Reese and Mike Quick will be calling the game.
Online: NFL Preseason Live (subscription required)
Line: Philadelphia -3.5
PRESEASON SERIES STATS
• Since 1975, the Eagles and Steelers have met 23 times with Pittsburgh leading the series, 13-10
• In Philadelphia, the Eagles hold a 7-4 advantage over Pittsburgh
• The Eagles and Steelers have met 78 times during the regular season and playoffs. Philadelphia leads the all-time series 47-28-3
• At home, Philadelphia holds a 25-8-2 series advantage over Pittsburgh, including a 1-0 mark at Lincoln Financial Field
• The Eagles have won 14 of the last 20 regular season games vs. Pit
In his first season in the NFL, Chip Kelly produced a 10-6 record and led the Eagles to an NFC East championship, becoming just the second head coach in league history to win a division title in his first season in the NFL. Along the way, the Eagles set a plethora of team records, including points (442), total net yards (6,676), touchdowns (53), passing yards (4,406) and fewest turnovers (19). The Eagles also set an NFL record with 99 plays of 20+ yards and became the first team since the 1991 Buffalo Bills to lead the league in rushing while ranking last in time of possession.
As for the Steelers, they're looking to rebound after consecutive 8-8 seasons, each of which saw Pittsburgh fail to make the postseason. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh have met 23 times in the preseason since 1975. The Eagles have gone 10-13 against the Steelers in exhibition match-ups.