With the NFL season inching ever so closer, Week 1 of the preseason will be the first time we see nearly every football player on the field in some capacity. Rotoworld's Evan Silva has released his Preseason 150 ranking of the best fantasy football players heading into 2014.
He included five Bengals in his initial rankings. These rankings are based on standard scoring leagues featuring 12 teams in a 13-round format.
12. A.J. Green -- Run-centric O may give him more 1-on-1 chances downfield.
33. Giovani Bernard -- PPR stud but will lose lots of carries & GL work to Hill.
64. Jeremy Hill -- Steal at 9th-round ADP. Could lead Bengals in carries/TDs.
115. Marvin Jones -- Unlikely to break out in increasingly run-based O.
135. Andy Dalton -- Could lose 100+ attempts in new run-based offense.
The only Bengals player to fall in the 'Also Considered' tier was tight end Tyler Eifert. Jermaine Gresham and Mohamed Sanu were not mentioned, though neither has shown they can be a consistent fantasy football option. No defenses were on the list.
As for the rest of the AFC North:
25. Antonio Brown -- TDs will drop, but still strong bet for around 100 catches.
27. Jordan Cameron -- Last of week-to-week fantasy difference makers at TE.
39. Torrey Smith -- Expect career highs across board as Kubiak's featured WR.
65. Ben Tate -- Couldn't stay healthy as HOU backup. Can he as CLE starter?
73. Dennis Pitta -- High-volume role under TE-friendly Kubiak. Solid PPR TE1.
74. Terrance West -- Tate's ADP is late 5th. West's is late 7th. I'll take West.
75. Bernard Pierce -- Will get chance to run with lead RB job in Weeks 1 & 2.
90. Ray Rice -- Chances at reclaiming his job may depend on Bernard Pierce.
94. Josh Gordon -- This is where I'd start considering him with status in limbo.
100. Ben Roethlisberger -- Annually underrated QB1.
105. Heath Miller -- Healthy now. 71-816-8 in 15 games in same offense in '12.
148. LeGarrette Blount -- Le'Veon handcuff & possible goal-line vulture.