Heads continue to roll in light of the latest Ray Rice video coming out, and the next roll could be that of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
That is, if he in fact did see the video of Rice hitting his then-fiance, something he's denied seeing to this point.
The Associated Press is reporting that a law enforcement official did in fact send a copy of the Ray Rice tape to an NFL executive back in April.
The NFL and commissioner Roger Goodell have emphatically denied that anyone in their office ever received the tape. According to the report, a person played a 12-second voicemail for the AP reporter from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived.
A female voice said thanks and added: "You're right. It's terrible."
This comes after Goodell appeared on "CBS This Morning" on Wednesday to discuss the league's handling of the Ray Rice domestic abuse situation. The interview was conducted by Norah O'Donnell of CBS.
O'Donnell: So did anyone in the NFL see this second videotape before Monday?
O'Donnell: No one in the NFL?
Goodell: No one in the NFL, to my knowledge, and I had been asked that same question and the answer to that is no. We were not granted that. We were told that was not something we would have access to. On multiple occasions, we asked for it. And on multiple occasions we were told no. I understand that there may be legal restrictions on them sharing that with us. And we've heard that from attorneys general and former attorneys general.
If Goodell, or anyone in his office for that matter, did see the video back in April, he's got some serious explaining to do. That is, if he keeps his job long enough to explain it.